Trezor wallet showing zero balance

Hello,

Have same problem after firmware update with stellar balance.

Trezor is showing different wallet with zero balance.

My ticket is - 117428

Thank you in advance.

hi @Anastasija1
Thank you for providing your ticket ID, we have already answered.

hi all,
i dont know if this is a good solution, but maybe worth to try when you are desperate.
i encountered the 0 balance issue after connecting my trezor with my MM and i cannot even send anything to another addr.

symptom:
i could see with etherscan my addr is valid and thereā€™s credit in it;
i could see with my MM the imported addr is linked with my trezzor wallet standard account(didnā€™t try secret wallet, so i wouldnā€™t know), and credit is also correct.

But,
in my trezor suite, thereā€™s no credit showing, the account with correct addr is 0
i have tried all abovementioned method in this feed and some other solution in other feeds but didnā€™t work out.

what i did and worked:
click the top left corner of the suit where you find the device logo and a greed dot meaning
disconnect your wallet from the trezor suit using the ā€œejectā€ button on the device list popup, like below

disconnect your trezor from usb port and replug it in again
sign in again your trezor suite and things working fine.

hope this help.

ST

1 Like

After an update same trezor device just generate another new wallet with my pass and I canā€™t connect to my previous wallet, which I used before and where my fund are. New wallet is with zero balance and trezor has no solution only saying that this is my fault (???)ā€¦but I was using my wallet many times before and never had any problem. How this can be?

1 Like

It didnā€™t work for me. :frowning:
All because of new firmware, I tried to update and a red screen showed up on my Trezor T with the message fatal error, tried 2nd time and then all was ok, but then I needed to do a recovery with 12 seed phrases and after what a new wallet has been created instead of backup loading, so now the balance is 0.
Ticket ID: 133848

because you used wrong passphrase, you need to use correct one or enter standard wallet if you want a wallet without passphrase.

Also, check that your seed is correct - settings, Device, Check backup

No, I didnā€™t use a passphrase at all, because I have a standard wallet, not hidden. After a successful update, I followed Trezor recovery process with 12 seed words.

1 Like

Hi, Did you sort it out, or still nothing, can you send me Trezorā€™s answer as DM?

If there is no transaction that would cause the balance to be incorrect or actually no transaction history at all you have clearly recovered different wallet.

So you either enter words in different order or you have misspelled a word or are trying to enter a word not on the BIP-39 list. The list is available at bips/english.txt at master Ā· bitcoin/bips Ā· GitHub

Have you previously generated more seeds using your Trezor ?
Did you do dry-run recovery right after you created your initial wallet ?

Maybe you are right about different seed phrases, how can I get back to my wallet now?

by recovering the wallet with exactly the same seed phrase as you used when you have used those addresses in the first place.

There is no other way.

I think because of the red screen fatal error it was a factory reset process and the backup process just failed and instead of loading my data, it create a new wallet.

I do have two recovery seeds (on paper), one is for Trezor T (with pin code on it) and the second is for Meta/Trust wallet (this one I create way later, when I set up Trezor T wallet with coins). I just checked both with Check backup:

1. Trezor - The entered recovery seed is valid but does not match the one in the device.
  2. Meta/Trust - The entered recovery seed is valid and matches the one in the device.

So, what I can do? Nothing all gone?

So you are obviously using different seed.

So please wipe your device and recover your wallet with other (Trezor generated) seed.

Do you mean - factory reset?

DANGER AREA
Factory Reset wipes the device memory, erasing all information including the Recovery Seed and PIN. Only perform a Factory Reset if you have your Recovery Seed to hand, or there are no funds stored on the device.

Yes, that is what I meant:

I am wondering about the seed phrase technology, if I am creating a seed phrase for another wallet, does the previous seed phrase is not active anymore, so I can have one seed phrase for multiple wallets and the last created is the right one? If so it makes sense.

Has it happened before with someone and factory reset helped?

well technically no, it is not ā€œactiveā€ since (when using one device only) you can access only one wallet at the time.

So if you want to access different wallet (and you have only one device) you have to wipe your current wallet, which is derived from the seed being used, and recover that different wallet (different seed).

yes and no :slight_smile:

One seed = one Standard wallet
However on top of that you can create multiple Hidden wallets by using the Passphrase feature

When first initialized, a Trezor device generates a random number which is converted into a mnemonic sentence (recovery seed) and stored in the memory. Subsequently, whenever the device is used, it derives a cryptocurrency wallet from a magical formula; mnemonic+passphrase (extremely simplified).

If you do not input any passphrase (you choose Standard wallet) an empty string "" is used. When the feature is activated (you choose Hidden wallt), you are prompted to enter the passphrase which is then combined with the recovery seed on the device, and a new wallet is generated.

And to access this hidden wallet repeatedly, you will have to use the exact same passphrase in combination with the recovery seed on the device. Using the same seed with a different passphrase will generate a different wallet. Using a different seed with the same passphrase will generate a different wallet.

Where are my coins stored on Trezor or in the cloud with Trezor access?

it is on the blockchain, respectively on the address derived from the private key stored in the Trezor.

Your coins are actually the entries in the public database we refer to as the blockchain, so you can think of your funds as monetary amounts assigned to certain coin addresses.

Thus this private key works as some sort of proof of ownership.

Very simply put the private key acts like a ā€œpasswordā€ that allows you to exchange ownership of Bitcoin funds on the blockchain.
And your public key identifies the location of the Bitcoin you hold - All the information about how many coins belong to your public key address is stored as transaction info on the blockchain.

For more information read:
https://blog.trezor.io/where-in-the-world-are-my-coins-85a229417b06

And watch:

I am worried about previous cases I saw above my error, where people complained.

@Anastasija1 After an update same trezor device just generate another new wallet with my pass and I canā€™t connect to my previous wallet, which I used before and where my fund are. New wallet is with zero balance and trezor has no solution only saying that this is my fault (???)

So, if they got the same problem, I am curious do they sort it out as you advised? I just donā€™t want to see 0 after I will get into my wallet with the second seed phrase. Just want to make sure I am not the first one and it happened before and it worked out.