I can't to connect my trezor to my macboook

I can’t to connect my trezor to my macboook. System OS macbook SUR BIG.What can I do?

Hi,

are you using web browser to access your Trezor Wallet or are you using Trezor Suite Desktop app?

browser and suite.no results. I think I need original cable…

1 Like

I suggest to try multiple cables which can transmit data (not just a charging cable). The original cable is not necessary. Also try multiple USB ports and avoid using any USB hub. If any of these don’t help, let me know.

I buy original cable from apple and my Trezor connect to my MacBook

I still suggest to try multiple cables. It does the trick in many cases.

Kolin I am having an issue as well. I havent had this issue before. I plug it in and when I enter password on my device, the device seems active but it wont connect on my laptop. I click “+ check for device” and a pop up comes up that clearly sees my device. When I click “connect” it wont. In fact it always gives me an error that says “Device disconnected” even though it’s not.

Hi @Aaron_Gage

See suggestions below, make sure to go through the whole list.

• Re/Install Trezor Bridge again from this source: Trezor Wallet. After successful installation, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task monitor.

• Please, don’t forget to clear browser’s cache.

• Does the device manager recognize your Trezor?

• Make sure that you are using a supported browser - Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).

• Try using a different USB cable, or USB port and make sure that you are connecting your Trezor with the cable directly to the computer; please avoid using any USB hub or adapter.

• Also, please, try connecting your Trezor device to another computer, preferably with a different operating system where Trezor Bridge is installed as well.

• If you are using a VPN, certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), or some cryptocurrency apps such as Geth or MetaMask, please try to disable them. It is possible that some of these are clashing with Trezor Wallet.

• Please, try using our new wallet Trezor Suite, available from https://suite.trezor.io/.

@Aaron_Gage @shuh have you managed to find a solution to your problem? I too have many issues that I summarised in this post My Trezor is not connecting - #4 by thanpolas

I responded to your other post & am also concerned about potential problems with M1s. That thread says, earlier in the year, that you shouldn’t connect Trezor with a USB adaptor or hub. However, iMac M1s only have USB-C ports, so how would you be able to use a Trezor with it without an adaptor or hub? Was this issue solved with Trezor Suite?

1 Like

Agreed - Just tried to set mine up, and my new 2021 Macbook Air only has 2 USB-C ports and no other ports.

Trezor, what’s the solve to this if we’re not to use other USB adaptors?

Looking for a solution here as well. Hub doesn’t work, and I can’t find any USB-C to micro-USB cables - unless I’ve missed them, in which case I’d love to see a link to one.

Also open to other solutions for Mac!

@bishbash there are hundreds of them, just put in “usb-c usb-micro” in the search box for your favourite electronics store. Here is Amazon:
[https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb-c+usb-micro&crid=3K7205SRT34PL&sprefix=usb-c+usb-micro%2Caps%2C161&ref=nb_sb_noss_1]

All:
The advice not to use hubs and adapters is meant for situations where you are debugging connection problems, in order to eliminate possible points of failure.
Trezors work perfectly fine if your hub and/or adapter is good – but if you connect your laptop to your monitor, the monitor to a usb hub, and then plug in the Trezor into the hub, there are now three cables and two other devices in play, any one of which could be causing a problem.

If your “connection problem” is “can’t actually physically connect the Trezor”, then of course you need to use an adapter or a hub.