Firmware update problem/ missing accounts/ missing balances

I first contacted Trezor on August 22 or earlier and still have not been provided with a solution and
have contacted them several times since then. They are not getting back to me.
ticket ID: 90907

1 Like

As you can see, Trezor team, the problem goes into masses so you better do something with wiki and user experience. May be, you need to add knowledge maps with recent wiki and updates notes. Like Mindmaps.
As for me, you are making good products, so you need to go on, though in future I would prefer having Trezor with NXP semiconductors chip inside. Good, that you have this forum.

1 Like

Hi Kindzaza,

we are going to introduce brand new knowledge base in couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I contacted Exodus today and heard back in 20 min. They asked a few questions and I am waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback and insight! I find myself in the same situation, which makes me sick to my stomach. An associate of mine purchased a Ledger instead of a Trezor, and you can be sure I’m going to be doing the same thing in the very near future. Trezor has some serious questions to answer after this latest firmware update fiasco! It’s no wonder they are unable to respond to all of the inquiries in a timely fashion. They are inundated with tickets.

2 Likes

Hi guys - I believe some trezor users had similar issues , so I would appreciate any help.

Installed new firmware
Balance showing 0 on trezor suite - (got only BTC and ETH)
Wiped memory after double-checking my seed words (dry run - all good)
followed the “recover wallet” procedure
All correct : pin - passphrase - seed sequence all good
Balance still 0

What do i do - how can i see - retrieve my coins?

Many thanks

2 Likes

Hello, I bought a Trezor model T a few days ago, but it has two errors, when I go to the Trezor app, it is not asking me to connect to Trezor and enter the password to access the hidden wallet and the other error is that when I go to create a new BTC account, it keeps running saying that to create a new account all the other accounts need to be loaded, the problem is that I wait and nothing, do you know what’s happening? could this be because of this update?

1 Like

for admins: I’m sorry if im doing something wrong by posting it, im going to reply to few more messages with this link. this in not a spam. i just want to share how i got my money back =D maybe it can help to someone

check my reply:

https://forum.trezor.io/t/issue-how-do-passphrases-and-hidden-wallets-work/2977/3?u=qweiti

1 Like

hey,
i also updated my firmware and all my ETH suddenly disappear, i tried to restart my computer i thought this was the problem, i had a month salary over there , i really need an answer, i literally cant go to sleep. ticket 111520

1 Like

hi @rachely_lagziel

Please note that firmware update can’t affect your funds anyhow as your funds are not on Trezor but on blockchain, respectively on the addresses derived from the private keys kept securely offline on your device.

Anyway, please check your inbox as your ticket has already been answered. We will continue troubleshooting the issue via email.

1 Like

@nanimus could you please do dry-run recovery to be sure that you are using right seed ?
If you are, the only possibility is that you are not entering the same passphrase as you did when creating the new hidden wallet where you generated the receiving address onto which you have transferred the funds.

1 Like

Hi DrG48831344

I got the exact same problem. Has yours been resolved?

1 Like

It was my bad, sorry about that, everything is ok now, thanks for your response.

1 Like

Hi @Kindzadza,

I have had a similar problem. I’m curious, has yours been resolved.

Regards

1 Like

My balance on trezor one is zero. Not sure how. I haven’t logged in since january of this year until today. Who can help? All my savings were there. Please somebody help!
I have contacted customer service but no answer yet. Here is Ticket ID: 137299

1 Like

Updated it then my money disappeared it was saying “ACCOUNT DISCOVERY ERROR”
and now i tried to downgrade firmware to 1.11.1
then it appeared to update it to 1.10.5 ( weird) then i updated it then its saying unknown bootloader. Can some1 help me? im freaking desperate.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Account discovery error - BTC Wallet - Resolved

Hi!
I have the same issue as many of you experienced, after a firmware update I don’t have my funds anymore in my wallet. Just before the update I checked my wallet and the funds were there.
I read in the forum that many of you had issues due to hidden wallets and passphrases.

In my case, this shouldn’t be a reason, because I never used a passphrase on my wallet and I always was able to access my wallet without any passphrase in the past.

Can you suggest any solution?

1 Like

Hello, I have the same exact issue and apparently have not been able to activate my coins, has anyone figured this out. I have no hidden wallets or passphrases.
Any help would be appreciated i have been trying to figure this our for 3 days now.
thank you

1 Like

I’m not sure. If you have ERC20 tokens non-activated, try to add them manually via adding their contract addresses.

1 Like