Address unknown trezor metamask ▫

yes that’s correct, but otherwise. someone repeated the pin … and unconsciously added one more sentence … they are not twelve seeds, they are thirteen… is because the error unknown address!!!

1 Like

@fechuday,

PIN, Passphrase, and Private seed are three different things. If you’re talking about Trezor Model T and the private seed for that one, it has 12 english words. There’s not a 13th word in the seed and Trezor won’t ask for a 13th word either. If you’re talking about Trezor Model One, there are 24 english words that makes up the private seed.

Pavel has asked you to message him with a Private Message (PM) and so you should follow up on that. He can answer any questions you have.

1 Like

Hey! Thank you very much, disabling the passphrase option was my solution, blessings

2 Likes

Great to hear your issue was solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello i have the same issues! I try other pass phrases, try disabling the passphrase, and changing my PIN code , and and in neither case did I get access from my wallet again…the address I used to create this account simply disappeared from trezor and there is no other way I could have created this account without using my trezor. How to PM you here in forum?

Hi @Victor,

About sending PMs:

See what Trust levels 2 or lower means:

2 Likes

Thank you,

have more ideas of what to do to try to retrieve the address? Because i’m tryhard to create a new wallet on other ip’s, other browsers, but its like a wallet address doesn’t exists os my wallet addresses.

As Pavel says above:

Pair your Trezor device with any compatible app, such as MEW, MyCrypto, Trezor Suite etc. If you cannot see the address of yours, then you either used a different seed or a different passphrase.
Have you been using passphrase? If so, make sure you fully understand how passphrase works

So I’d advice you to try MEW or MyCrypto and see if you can see your funds through them.

1 Like

Hi Petosiris
Thank you I tried both of those things unfortunately I still get the same errors. I’m all out of ideas. I can’t figure out what else to try. Did I somehow add a password with out realising? I do appreciate your advice. Thank you.

1 Like

I have had that problem, I added a password and I did not realize … it turned out to be the pin (numbers)

1 Like

I also had this problem before when trying to send funds out of metamask trezor hardware wallet. It would show error hardware. The only solution is you have to put in the right passphrase twice and your funds will send without a hitch! thank you @pavel and @Petosiris !!

1 Like

Have you tried using another compatible third-party app https://wiki.trezor.io/Apps?

Hello again, I have trouble-shooted this problem for weeks with no avail.
I tried transfering out of my old hardware wallet on MM into my non HW acct with the same error.
“error error unkown address”, comes up with the CORRECT passphrase entered or not.

When prompted to enter the pass phrase on trezor connect I recieve the same error whether the passphrase is entered correctly or not.

Once MM seed phrase is entered into a brand new laptop, only My non hardware wallet shows up in metamask.
The Original mm hardware wallet was connected to trezor without a passphrase enabled,
So i went into trezor suite and disabled passphrase. Once disabled I went into my browser and
tried to transfer between my MM trezor hw into my non hw account with the same error, “Error Error: Unknown account”

I have gone over the posts, and none of the “Solutions” work.

This was NOT a problem BEFORE trezor Suite was installed.
When I make a HW account on my NEW laptop’s browser. It connects to trezor Suite’s
balance instead of my ORIGINAL Hw account on MM BEFORE trezor suite was available.

I was hoping with each upgrade that this would be fixed, but it has only gotten worse, and
the Errors were different each upgrade as well fyi.

Is the Next option to Downgrade my Trezor to version 10.0 when it worked?
Is this foolish ?

1 Like

I tried this and it did not work unfortunately.
ty for the tip though.
The App works just fine, When the hw wallet account in question was created the only program used was Metamask and the trezor device. It is as if the hw account has been disconnected in order to use the apps wallet (Trezor Suite) instead.

I’d advice you to make a step-by-step log with screenshots and post it here, so we can see exactly what you do. Show what you’re clicking on, fields you’re copying/pasting, and add remarks where needed. Also, include screenshots of your device settings in Trezor. Something like this (grey out any sensitive data, like I did in that example).

The example in the link has nothing to do with your issue, it’s just to show how you can make a visual log. I know it’s a bit of work and takes time to put together, but at this point I can’t see any alternative. It’s hard to see from here what you’re seeing on your screen.

1 Like

Question: Has anyone encountered an issue with swap in Pancakeswap via Metamask connected with Trezor? This issue occurred after updating Trezor firmware.

1. Swap failed in Pancake says “Swap failed: Error: Error: Unknown address” whether increase fee to 5 or 6%. I noticed that the first time it didn’t pass. When I try again, it seems like there will be an error waiting for a moment. Then Swap fails.
  2. Can’t Withdraw from Metamask+Trezor.
  3. Tried swap in Metamask+Trezor and failed.
  4. I tried transferring money from Binance to Metamask (without Trezor) and then tried transferring to Metamask =+Trezor. It turns out that the money came in normally.
  5. I checked the smart contract in beefy and unrekt and tried to revoke every app, it said success but it wasn’t actually revoked. No money was out from my wallet.

Now I suspect it is caused by the new Trezor firmware.
P.S. I checked the transaction myself and the money wasn’t lost, it shouldn’t have been hacked. Today before trying to check for malware on the recommendation of this group, found it and deleted it, but it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Have you figured this out yet?

Heyyy I found out the issue, not sure if it’s metamask or trezor issue, but here is the solution.

Once we connect trezor with some account, it will ask to pair the device and also there is the “Remember Device” option. If you check it out, you can use only one kind of wallet, you cannot switch between hidden and standard wallet anymore until you restart your PC. However if you have more than one kind of wallet, don’t mark that option otherwise you will get the error mentioned. And of course, if you are using the standard wallet, don’t set any passphares when it asks to. The issue is fixed.

Hope you guys have the same luck. Cheers.

3 Likes

Where is this option, could you provide a screen shot please?
So if a Hidden wallet is activated on your trezor (whether you have funds on it or not) you must click “remember device” correct.?

I am very worried about this address since I have no idea how to even recover it if my computer would die.

No, the “Remember device” function is to see your funds in the Trezor Suite wallet without having to load all data from the blockchains. In other words, you can use Trezor Suite offline.

If you created a Hidden wallet, transferred funds to it, and don’t remember your Passphrase for it, then you can lose your funds. If you haven’t created and used a Hidden wallet, there’s no risk of losing your funds so long as yo have your Recovery seed written down and kept safe. To login to your current wallet you’d need to remember your PIN too, of course.

Note that things like seed, passphrase and PIN are different on Trezor and Metamask. Metamask, or any other third party wallet can have its own set of these - totally differrent from what you have on your Trezor.

For example, you can have:

Trezor Recovery seed
Trezor Passphrase
Trezor login PIN

Metamask Recovery seed
Metamask Passphrase
Metamask login PIN

In addition, these terms differ somewhat from time to time, so it’s not uncommon to confuse, say, Passphrase with “password”. Also, when a third party wallet suggest you use your recovery seed to recover your account, they mean the recovery seed for their wallet, not Trezor’s Recovery seed. Therefore, it’s important to understand these different things and what they’re used for.

1 Like