Address unknown trezor metamask ▫

just transferring funds from my trezor hardware wallet between my regular account wallet…

1 Like

Hi @onerolan
Have you tried to make this tx by using other compatible app?

@pavel You are probably not aware of the severity of this issue. It is no coincidence suddenly a lot of people come here with the same issue. I have been using Trezor since 2016, ETH on Trezor since 4 months.

Now, all of the sudden, my Trezor is not confirming Metamask transactions anymore with the “error: unknown address” error. Clearly, when I created the trezor address in metamask, Trezor was using a different privatekey than right now. I never used a passphrase, ever. So this is not the issue with me. Now this is… concerning to me. Very. I have - as you can imagine - 6 figure money on this eth address. And I am sure there are a lot more people like the people in this thread and me, who are just about to discover their funds are (hopefully) temporarily unmoveable. I hope you can find a solution to this very grave issue.

6 Likes

@pavel same issue here, after I updated the new ver. of trezor bridge, none transaction could be done on my metamask/trezor 1 wallet.

One other mate who have the similar issue pointed the reason to passphrase. I recall that after I upgrade trezor bridge, the popup window asked me to fill in passphrase and I skipped that. Actually I do have a passphrase. @pavel may I know where can I enable passphrase in metamask trezor bridge?

2 Likes

and I agree with @softliner , the severity of this issue is not properly assessed.

3 Likes

Trezor is a single purpose computer for storing master private key only.

Hence, if you connect Trezor to any compatible app https://wiki.trezor.io/Apps you get always the same wallets, accounts, and addresses generated in the same order no matter what app is used (if the same seed & passphrase is entered).

Pair your Trezor device with any compatible app, such as MEW, MyCrypto, Trezor Suite etc. If you cannot see the address of yours, then you either used a different seed or a different passphrase.

Passphrase dialog shows up once public keys are exported. Navigate to Menu - Connect Hw Wallet - Trezor

Hi! I have same issue. My cryptocurrency is freeze now.

2 Likes

Same issue here and I realized that I may misspell my passphrase when I created and I lost that wallet (forever?). So I think we should have something that can recover our wallet from this situation ,but need kyc or something to verify the owner.

3 Likes

@opt1m1st_13 Please, see post above Address unknown trezor metamask ▫ - #19 by pavel

@Frankzeneta If you misspell passphrase, new wallet is created. The same wallet is accessed only when the same recovery seed and the same passphrase is used. Learn more about passphrase:

https://blog.trezor.io/5-reasons-why-you-should-use-a-passphrase-and-3-reasons-why-you-maybe-shouldnt-411c3935ac81

same error, anyone found a solution?

1 Like

i found a bug, sometimes to connect trezor to metamask dont syncro with true addres of your trezor and sow you others addres, at the first time when you connect your trezor if it this happend and you transfer all your currencies to that addres you will lost all , becouse when you want to retire to other wallet at time for connect to trezor this makes an error. (unknown address).
clap clap clap trezor, super useless. you made me lose 2.5 bnb

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like a bug in Trezor. However, there’s a virus out there now which changes addresses you input. This could be your problem. Always double check the address is correct before you send.

im not talking about ronin, im talking about metamask, and its a bug. I have replicated the bug several times to corroborate and record it. sometimes the addres of trezor suit does not match with the addres what metamask show you, therefore if you use one of those addresses you will lose all the coins.
and the double check is only for outgoing transactions not for incoming transactions.

1 Like

Hi @Jose_Loren_Garcia

Again:

Also, read post below, very carefully. MetaMask accounts explained.

1 Like

yes yes, trezor is perfect and inhackeable, one user found a bug and- ooh no its a bug, caution with bla bla bla…

Did you even bother to read these posts?

oooh wait, a Trezor fanboy, fight until dead for that company of bugs

There were three cases mentioned

Which one is yours?

Please be civil and don’t use name calling in these forums!

I have replicated the bug several times to corroborate and record it.

If you have documentation of the bug you claim to’ve found, please upload this to SatoshiLabs in a ticket email so they can look at it. Or you can post it here.

4 Likes

Hi Jose,

keep the communication in friendly and respectful manner please.

If the way you communicate won’t change, appropriate steps will be taken.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like