Trezor XLM wallet link when using the new trezor Suite desktop app

The link to Stellar (XLM) has changed. I’ve fixed the link above now.

Personal news? Not much to report, except I wish I had money to invest when the coins were cheap(er) a month or two ago. I’m happy about my decision to move all coins to a cold wallet though. Going forward, I want to try out the peer2peer (P2P) purchase through Trezor Suite and Hodl Hodl.

Help please :pleading_face:

I exported using my Trezor model T a public key for XLM using a connection with Account viewer on Stellar’s website. Everything good the public key my Trezor wallet exported appears in my web browser. I then sent some xlm from my coin exchange to the exact address in Stellar’s Account Viewer. Transaction completed and Account Viewer shows new balance of xlm sent. The problem is when I connect my Trezor to Account Viewer a week later my Trezor exports a different public key from the one I created a week before. I have lost access to the original public key I transferred xlm to. My Trezor exports a different public key for XLM every time I try account viewer. How do I get access to the public key account I sent the xlm to? Have I lost it forever? Thank you for your help in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @c56quad,

you see a different XLM address because you are accessing a different wallet. Either you have a different recovery seed in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase (if you used this feature when you originally generated your XLM address).

There is a simple way how to verify you use the right recovery seed. Please check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup (the one you created when initialized your device for the first time). You can find instructions on how to perform this check here:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t

In case recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way how to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.

Not the issue. Same Trezor with same seed phrase and no passphrase used. Any other suggestions? Otherwise I am SOL!

In case recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way how to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase. There is no other way.

Maybe you typed some passphrase by mistake when you generated the XLM address for the first time? If so, you need to type exactly the same passphrase to be able to access the same XLM address again.

Yes! You are correct! Problem solved. The issue was resolved by realizing that the cap locks were on when entering the passphrase. Obvious to me now, passphrases are case sensitive. Once I entered the correct passphrase, there was my missing xlm in Stellar Account Viewer.

Thanks for your help. I hope this helps another user.

2 Likes