Trezor T unable to connect to Windows 10

Hi, I’m using a brand new Trezor directly purchased -untampered with seal. Tried multiple USB A-> C cables on 3 different laptops. Already attempted webapp, then bridge, then desktop app, then disabled USB connection and reinstalled drivers, and tried zadig solution. I was able to get it connected once for a firmware update and initial setup, but after that I have been unable to reconnect.

It seems on reddit that this is a common issue so I’m not sure how Trezor can say it is supported on Windows 10.

Trezor bridge shows a status but Windows is still unable to connect to Trezor. After the initial connection - windows says that the previous USB malfunctioned and can no longer be recognized despite reinstalling drivers.

Hi @nftea

• Make sure that you are using a supported browser - Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).
  • Make sure that you are connecting your Trezor with the cable directly to the computer; please avoid using any USB hub or adapter.
  • If you are using a VPN, certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), or some cryptocurrency apps such as Geth or MetaMask, please try to disable them. It is possible that some of these are clashing with Trezor Wallet.
  • Also, have you tried connecting to Trezor Suite web app https://suite.trezor.io/web/ as well?
  • Lastly, are you able to access bootloader mode?
1 Like

Yes I tried incognito, on Chrome, and firefox, and use it directly through the cable, no VPN, disabled my browser extensions and as I already mentioned, used the webapp.

I will try bootloader mode, can you tell me what the purpose of it is? Do I have to use it every single time? Again, I’m not really sure how this is considered being compatible with Windows.

So to be clear, google chrome has no problems detecting when the device is in bootloader mode, I have verified that I’m on the latest version of the firmware and have made sure that my other chrome extensions are disabled. “Trezor Wallet” the chrome extension app is most likely to detect but even then it’s only a 1/15 times that it detected the Trezor when not in bootloader mode.

I’ve tried different cables and everything, I also requested a refund for this device but haven’t heard back from the team. Am willing to try other trouble shooting options but it doesn’t seem that Trezor supports Windows 10.

The problem I have is exactly described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/e0gum5/problem_with_trezor_one_on_windows_10/

It works on my sister’s macbook, but not my windows 10.

Windows 10 is not the issue. Many people use Windows 10 with Trezor without problems, including myself.

However, it may be a driver issue on your PC, for instance a USB driver that needs updating or something. It may also be that another program running in your PC is competing with the port used by Trezor deamon “trezord”. You can check that trezord is running in the background by looking in Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete). Please also check the Trezor Bridge status at http://127.0.0.1:21325/status/ .

If your issue continues after this, I’d advice you to try and run your PC with no other user programs running at the same time. You can disable them one by one to see if any program is blocking your Trezor operation.

I’ve tried uninstalling all the USB drivers and reinstalling them, as well as check the Bridge status, as well as check on another Windows 10 computer. I also have done a clean boot and made sure no other programs are running. I’m not sure why there are so many workarounds for this other than inconsistent support for this. But it is comforting to know you are able to use Windows 10 - but I’ve tried the zadig updates as well and no it is still not working.

Good morning. I have the same problem. Successfully used my Trezor model T before but suddenly now the trezor lights up and asks for a pin but the app doesn’t see it. I’m not computer literate, please can you help? Also I never needed this Trezor bridge before?

Hi @LizC,

First, please read Pavel’s response above. If that didn’t solve your problem, see below.

If your Trezor device asks for a PIN when you connect it to the cable, then it’s because you made a PIN before. The device doesn’t ask for a PIN unless you enabled it. When you say “the app”, I presume you mean Trezor suite?

If you enter your PIN and Trezor suite doesn’t respond/see it then make sure you use the USB cable that came with your Trezor. If you use a different cable, make sure it can transmit and receive data and isn’t just a charging cable. Also, make sure you plug in the USB cable directly to the PC and not in a USB hub. If you must use a USB hub, make sure it’s powered.

If you haven’t used your Trezor in a while you may need to update the Firmware before you can use it. Make sure you have your Recovery seed at hand before you update the Firmware.

Trezor Bridge is only needed if you’re using the web version of Trezor suite. If you use the desktop version of Trezor suite then Bridge is included in the software and you don’t need to install Bridge on your PC.

Tell us more about the setup you have - Trezor suite version and Firmware version (visible in Trezor suite).

Thank you so much for your quick response!!
Pavel’s response didn’t help me, unfortunately.

I have updated the Firmware, and yes I do mean Trezor suite and I am using the original cable that came with the Trezor. I asked for help directly from the Trezor suite when my Trezor didn’t connect, and have been contacted by email by someone but am afraid of these emails. The firmware is 2.5.1. The Trezor suite is the desktop app

This is the email I received

Dear Liz,

Please do not worry, the connectivity issue has nothing to do with being hacked.

Let’s go step by step, to see if we will be able to troubleshoot your issue.

First of all, please answer my questions:

1. Is the Trezor display lit when connected?
  • If yes, do you see your device connected when using the following link: http://127.0.0.1:21325/status/ (please do not send me the log)? Send me a screenshot from this page.
  1. If you connect your Trezor device in Bootloader mode, does Trezor Suite recognize your device?
  • To connect your Trezor in bootloader mode, swipe the screen while connecting the cable to your Trezor Model T, or if you have a Trezor Model One, connect it while holding both buttons with your index and middle fingers.

Kind regards,

Mark

SatoshiLabs Group

please, follow up with our agent he will resolve the issue with you.

Thank I will, I was just worried he wasn’t for real

1 Like