Trezor Suite on debian, not starting

Hello, i am trying to start the Trezor Suite application on fresh new install of Debian Linux 11.6.0 with non-free firmware. I followed the instructions on Trezor website (learn section), where the installation of Trezor Suite is well explained, including downloading the gpg verification. I received the feedback with the “primary key fingerprint”, which matched according to the website informations. So my assumtion is, that verification has been done correctly.

Next step was changing rights:
chmod u+x Trezor-Suite-22.12.1-linux-x86_64.AppImage

Last step, executing the application - which failed:
./Trezor-Suite-22.12.1-linux-x86_64.AppImage --no-sandbox

System feedback gave me following message:

[3947:1231/152028.893078:ERROR:bus.cc(398)] Failed to connect to the bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
[3947:1231/152028.893409:ERROR:bus.cc(398)] Failed to connect to the bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
[3984:1231/152029.005626:ERROR:angle_platform_impl.cc(43)] Display.cpp:992 (initialize): ANGLE Display::initialize error 12289: Could not open the default X display.

I posted only first part of the system feedback, it is quite longer actually.

May i kindly ask you for an advice, where should i try to find a source of this complications? Linux itself is working smoothly, no troubles with connection or graphics.
I am running Asus P8P67 Pro, Intel CPU i5 2500, ATI Radeon HD 5670, 16 GB Ram.
Thank you in advance!

I look forward to seeing an answer to this question, i am on the same boat using Debian (Ubuntu 22.04) Intel core vPro i7, 32 GB RAM

1 Like

Same here, can’t do anything when Trezor Suite won’t even load and remains on continual loading.

1 Like

So i reinstalled the Debian linux once again, this time used Xfce environment instead of Gnome and surprisingly it works for me.

Nice to know that some people got their Trezor to work with Debian 11 Xfce, however I am not having the same luck and could use some advice. I’ve attempted to install udev as well (although there were many udev type of applications, I just installed all). I’ve tried the software installation and the online suite with no luck. I’ve installed (I think) the bridge, but I cannot seem to run it because I do not know where or how to reference it.

Please advise.