Trezor suite incorrect find my hidden wallet empty

Hi there,

Trezor - are aware this is a major issue and they are refusing to deal with it. They keep trying to insist that it is the user who is at fault and they are scamming people out of millions in crypto currency.

How can a company who deals with consumer funds - have no customer service team , no complaints team and answer to no one.

They reply using bots and send stock replies and useless links to their website. Hiding behind the internet.

We have to stop them, we must stop them. They are a fraudulent company and are stealing consumers money.

I want everyone who has this issue to join me in bringing a mass legal action against this company. Please share the link to this post on X, on reddit, on Trust pilot, on these forums and anywhere it will help to get people together so we can bring them down.

If you would like to rech me personally please contact me on feedly acc at outlook dot com

I have reported this company to the FCA in the UK, Action Fraud in the UK and to Coinbase. I have also reported them to the Czech police because they are carry out criminal operations on a large scale on Czech soil.

We the consumers must bring this company down. Please get in touch and let us put this company with their fraudulent practices on the radar of every country where they sell.

Hi there,

Trezor - are aware this is a major issue and they are refusing to deal with it. The minute you update your wallet firmware - your passphrase becomes useless and you cannot retrieve your funds. They keep trying to insist that it is the user who is at fault and they are scamming people out of millions in crypto currency.

How can a company who deals with consumer funds - have no customer service team , no complaints team and answer to no one.

They reply using bots and send stock replies and useless links to their website. Hiding behind the internet.

We have to stop them, we must stop them. They are a fraudulent company and are stealing consumers money.

I want everyone who has this issue to join me in bringing a mass legal action against this company. Please share the link to this post on X, on reddit, on Trust pilot, on these forums and anywhere it will help to get people together so we can bring them down.

If you would like to rech me personally please contact me via email - feedly acc at outlook com

I have reported this company to the FCA in the UK, Action Fraud in the UK and to Coinbase. I have also reported them to the Czech police because they are carrying out criminal operations on a large scale on Czech soil.

We the consumers must bring this company down. Please get in touch and let us put this company with their fraudulent practices on the radar of every country where they sell.

You reported Trezor to Coinbase? :smiley: wow, how does this relate, I am curious

1 Like

Trezor does not deal with any kinds of funds. You buy a device which holds your private keys to your cryptocurrencies. If you’re unable to use the device properly and in a secure and safe manner that’s on you. Your lack in technical knowledge is not their problem. Only you can improve and obtain that knowledge.

2 Likes

Customers need to stop this company in their tracks - how does reporting Trezor to Coinbase relate? Coinbase needs can stop or warn customers away from this wallet. I transferred my tokens from a legit exchange to this ridiculous wallet. If I’d left it there - on coinbase - now that the market is moving again, I’d have been able to recover my funds or at least make moves.

Remzi - I mean this in a nice way. You’re the kind of idiot that continues to make the Crypto space feel and look like the wild west to everyday consumers. What lack of technical knowledge? what do you know about me? Nothing.

How stupid is it, that you buy a wallet, put money in it and then use a padlock to secure it?

Does ledger do the same? are there any other hard wallet makers or providers who do? Have you heard any other company, other than Trezor that uses this option?

If you have nothing constructive to say and you cannot provide solutions - why are you here? how does the comment you made in reply to my post help?

If I didn’t know how to use the wallet why would my tokens be on there?

I’ll ask you again - kindly refrain from saying the first thing that comes to mind without thinking about it first. There is no service in the world, in any form, whether it is online or brick and mortar where you loose access to your funds because you forget a passphrase.

If you can think of one that replicates such a stupid system - then let me know. Forget semantics and focus on the problem - the tokens on there are mine, bought with my hard earned money - my blood sweat and tears. I simply want what’s mine.

Because when you do self custody also known as non-custodial wallet you’re essentially being your own bank. There is no middleman or intermediaries anymore, no banks, financial institutions or creditcard companies protecting or doing anything for you, because you are your own bank. That’s the equivalent of doing self custody and using a non-custodial wallet.

To play your own bank you need technical skills and knowhow in addition to patience, calmness and clear headedness when shit hits the fan and (good) backups of everything. If you don’t have these skills or mentality then the step up would be custodial wallet (meaning someone else/legal entity managing your wallet), another step up would be using traditional finance.

Cryptocurrency and using them will become more and more user friendly in time, but in the end self custody will always require some technical skills and having good backups. No remark to you personally, but this is just the reality of it all.

I was stating a general observation. I don’t know you, but most of the times it’s user error, impatience or both. Unfortunately, it is indeed still the wild west and that’s why backups are very important. Writing everything down and even punching it in metal sheets would prevent 99% of the problems always mentioned here on the forums.

This is when I deduce your technical knowledge about how cryptocurrencies work.

Your hardware wallet (in this case the Tresor device) and wallets in general don’t hold your cryptocurrencies.

1. Wallets hold your master private key which is generated using the seed phrase. Think about your seed phrase as a way to generate your master private key which unlocks everything.

2. With the master private key many more private keys can be generated, same with public keys which are used for receiving addresses.

3. Your crypto is actually recorded and signed with your public keys which acts as your address on the blockchain.

4. In the end, all you need to recover your “funds” meaning being able to sign new transactions and move your crypto is your seed phrase also called recovery seed + password (if you set one). Theoretically you can even destroy any hardware or software wallet and recover it somewhere else using the seed phrase.

Your wallet only hold some keys :old_key: which you need to sign a new transaction.

Tresor has no access to your hardware wallet, and your private keys never leave your device.

I agree with you but - wild west or not. Trezor are dealing with customers hard earned money. There wouldn’t be a problem here if it wasn’t for this passphrase issue. Does your bank lock you out of your accounts forever just because you lose your PIN or online logins?

This feature is something that can be disabled in the settings. Why isn’t there a clear warning during set up to disable this feature if you as the customer do not want to use it? Do you see what I’m getting at here? and since this is such a serious issue why are Trezor CS not doing anything to resolve it?

I completely agree and understand where you are coming from. I’m not a noob, everything you have put here is accurate. My problem is I have done everything I am supposed to do as a consumer and I still cannot access my funds.

Like I said - forget the semantics. Don’t focus on the one sentence. I can see on Etherscan that the funds are still on the blockchain. I just need to get them back - I cannot access them now because I my recovery seed doesn’t work and I’m being told I need to remember a passphrase.

I understand that it’s not about the hardware wallet

My problem now is I need to recover my funds and I need someone at Trezor io to help me resolve this issue because I wouldn’t have had this problem if I didn’t use their device.

At the end of the day - it’s not about technical knowledge or lack thereof - it’s the principle of the thing. I wouldn’t have this problem if I’d left my funds on coinbase.

How can I do this? any help would be appreciated - I just need my funds back. If I can do it somewhere else - I’d take that.

Yes, there is, literally every self custody hardware wallet…

Every that follows BIP39 standard, maybe you should read on that. Ledger works exactly same way.

And why does coinbase care where you transfer your coins?

See, this is what yo udo not understand, your bank “manages” your money and is responsible for them.
Trezor is not a bank, they have nothing to do with your money. Trezor is literally like a physical safe.

If you buy a big unbreakable metal safe and lose the key, what you do? Blame the maker?

3 Likes

Hello @JonSnow01,

me or the customer support team would be happy to assist you, either here on the forum or via a support ticket.

However, to do that, we need at least some details. So far, we know that (a) you can’t access your funds and (b) passphrase is somehow involved.

There is no singular “this issue” that Trezor is “refusing to deal with”. The thread you are replying to is marked solved because the original poster had found a resolution to their issue. In this particular case, the problem seems to have been enabling the right tokens in Trezor Suite.

There are multiple potential reasons for “I cannot see my coins”, for example:

• using an incorrect passphrase
  • using a passphrase when you should not be using one
  • coins being disabled in Suite
  • connection problems (VPN, Tor, Internet problems)
  • and others.

If you would like to resolve your situation, please describe, in as much detail as possible:

1. steps that you are taking,
  2. what you expect to happen,
  3. what is happening instead.

If you don’t feel comfortable sharing the required level of detail on a public forum, please reach out via the support portal at https://trezor.io/support, click the chat button and type in “speak to a human” or equivalent to create a ticket. Then you can share the ticket number here.

As a parting note: I completely understand how frustrating it is to not being able to access your money.
That said, this forum is not a space to air out that frustration. Please refer to the code of conduct and, going forward, refrain from name-calling and baseless accusations

2 Likes

The difference is that the bank has access to everything and is managing your funds or even more technical the bank has a debt to you (the amount your put into the bank or recieve in your bank account from salary and whatnot) and they settle with other banks when you transfer money or pay for things.

Trezor has no access to your device, doesn’t manage your funds. So, at worst they can push a faulty update but it’s on you to have backups and whatnot. You can import your wallet to another device and this doesn’t need to be a Trezor device as long as you have the seed phrase and password you can access your wallet elsewhere.

Indeed! I keep trying to explain to this guy, but he keeps repeating that he can’t access his wallet. It seems to me he has either lost the seed phrase and/or password and now is blaming Trezor. He can just litteraly buy another hardware wallet and recover it. He doesn’t have the technical knowhow and we keep explaining to him that nothing is lost if you have the seed phrase and password (if you used one)

You’re not reading what’s in my replies or you’re focused on just saying what you want to. Read the actual content of my replies.

@RaaazorPowerUser - You get the safe maker to send a replacement obviously. Do you understand what I’m saying?

@Remzi - same issue - read the content of my replies. I get it you’re a software engineer - kindly give the technical knowledge thing a rest.
Replying to this thread while offering no solution to resolve the problem is really not helpful and isn’t necessary.

@matejcik - I have reached out to your support and nothing has happened - that’s why I came here - here’s a ticket number - ticket ID: 208268

Don’t get defensive about anything on here. Unless you own shares in Trezor or you’re a CEO of this company - why bother? what would be the point? There’s a reason why this is called a public forum. Try and focus on that, if I am frustrated by the lack of support I receive from a company that sold me a product that isn’t working as it should - I will air it. Feel free to police my behaviour, refer me to more online links and tell me what not to do on here after solving the problem I came here with. Thanks for understanding where I’m coming from in advance.

The issue here is with the passphrase. I have entered it and I cannot see my funds. It says the wallet is empty. I have wiped and recovered the wallet, the seed phrase is fine and is working. The wallet is still empty. I am sure the passphrase is correct because I found where I wrote it down.

I’d appreciate it if someone at Trezor can focus on helping a valid customer who bought their product to resolve this issue. Instead of being told how to behave, what to say and being asked questions like the ones Remzi and RaaazorPowerUser are asking. How is anything either or them have said or done on here about this issue helpful?