Trezor Address...What is it and where do I find it?

Hello,

I have been asked to send my wallet address to a person I know who will be sending me coins shortly. The problem is I don’t know what the address is or where to find it. I don’t recall seeing any address when I set up the wallet a couple of months ago nor do I see anything in the settings about where to find the address. Do I need to create a wallet for the new coins I will be receiving? If so, how do I do that? I am obviously new to this and am a little confused. Thanks so much! Karen

1 Like

in Trezor suite you can choose the coin you need by asking to recieve.

that way you can obtain an address which will also be shown on the trezor, please verify that it matches because that makes sure it’s an address the trezor actually controls.

Trezor has a Tutorial on that but I cant post links.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. The problem is I have purchased a coin that isn’t on the list so I don’t know how to give the person I am buying from an address for the coin to be delivered to my wallet. Is there any way to contact someone at Trezor to talk to about this? Thanks!!!

1 Like

Okay if the trezor doesn’t support the coin that is a problem. If it’s just a token, you might be able to ask for it to be added if it is on a chain the trezor already has.

1 Like

Thank you for your help. It is a new utility coin. Who do I ask for it to be added to their list?
I was told that it could be added to the wallet by the people selling the coin, but if they were wrong, I am not sure what to do with the Trezor. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Karen,

general information on how to receive cryptocurrencies in Trezor Suite can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/receive-crypto-in-trezor-suite.

As @My1 mentioned, if the cryptocurrency you want to receive is not supported, you will not be able to generate a valid address for this cryptocurrency. May I ask you what is the cryptocurrency that you want to receive? I will provide you with further information about its support.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated and I will check out the link you provided. It is the OilX coin.

1 Like

May I ask you to provide further information about the coin? Such as the full name of it or a link to the website about this coin/token? Basically, if it is token deployed on an EVM chain, it is possible to store it with Trezor device as all EVMs are supported.

1 Like

Users can’t post links on this site last time i checked, but it doesnt even seem listed on cmc which is weird

1 Like

Thank you all for the information you provided. I sincerely appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I do not have a link, I have a friend who is involved in the project.

Anyway, they contacted me today and explained what I need to do. Basically, I have to create an account on MetaMask, and create a wallet on the Ethereum blockchain - the OilX coin will interface with Ethereum. Once I do that, when the coin is ready it will deposited into the account and I will be able to move it to my Trezor wallet. I hope I explained it correctly. Karen

1 Like

@My1 I also wasn’t able to find any further information on OilX, it is indeed not listed on coinmarketcap as you mentioned. @karenko please be aware, as it looks like it is not possible to trade this coin anywhere as it currently has no value.

From your description, it looks like the token is either ERC20 or some other token on EVM-compatible chains.

If it is ERC20, please check this thread with a video on how to use ERC20 in Trezor Suite: How to use ERC20 tokens in Trezor Suite - #3

If it is a token on an EVM, you need to use 3rd party wallet (for example MetaMask) in order to manage this token. Information on how to connect Trezor to MetaMask can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/metamask-and-trezor. Information on how to use EVM compatible chain with Trezor can be found in the video linked in this thread: How to use EVM compatible chains with Trezor (Matic, Avax) - #2

Wow! Thank you for all the information and the links, I so appreciate it! The coin isn’t available yet but will be soon. It is an NFT backed by producing oil fields in the US and abroad. I am not sure how much information I can share on this platform or who to have you talk to if interested. I am a newbie when it comes to cryptocurrencies and still have a lot to learn! Karen

NFTs are also supported by Trezor devices. However, NFTs are not supported natively in Trezor Suite. 3rd party wallet needs to be used (for example MetaMask).

You can find further information at https://trezor.io/learn/a/managing-nfts-with-trezor

Thank you! So the coins will be deposited to Metamask and from there I can move them to my wallet.
How does one sell cryptocurrency they own, ex. Bitcoin? Is there a link with instructions on how to do that? Thanks!

With metamask you can connect your trezor, but please do make sure you do an address check via the trezor screen. Metamask sadly requires you to make a software wallet first which is a MAJOR pitfall.

I am not sure if rabby, a fork of metamask works with trezor but what I do know is that they handle hw wallets much nicer

@My1 I can confirm that Rabby supports Trezor devices.

1 Like

You can sell cryptocurrencies directly via Trezor Suite or via Invity.io. Please, find information on how to use the “sell” feature directly in Trezor Suite at https://trezor.io/learn/a/sell-crypto-in-trezor-suite-app

Information on how to sell your cryptocurrencies via Invity.io can be found at Invity FAQ | Invity.io

You can of course use any exchange of your choice. If you decide to sell your cryptocurrencies this way, you will need to send them to the desired exchange first. Please, find general information on how to send cryptocurrencies in Trezor Suite at https://trezor.io/learn/a/send-crypto-in-trezor-suite

Might that then not be a better recommendation for beginners over metamask? I mean sure mm is more well known but easier to screw up.

MetaMask is well known and there are a lot of videos and articles (for example on our official website) on how to use Trezor with MetaMask. Rabby is not that well known yet, but we have registered this 3rd party app.

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate all the links and suggestions and will check them out.

So if I understand this correctly, I can sell my Bitcoin through Trezor without using Metamask.

I will need to create an account on MetaMask and a wallet on the Ethereum blockchain so the OilX coin which is an NFT can be deposited into my wallet (when it is ready) on the Ethereum blockchain which can then be moved to my Trezor wallet.

I don’t know what an ERC20 or EVM chain is but assume the video links will provide that information.

Again, thank you all for your help and support!!! This has been a nightmare of an experience as I was hounded into buying Bitcoin from this individual. This person set me up with a wallet on the Voyager platform and within 4 weeks I received notice that they were filing Chapter 11 and all investments were frozen. The individual who invested my money in Bitcoin was arrested and sent to prison a few weeks later so I was left in the dark not knowing what to do. So please know I sincerely appreciate all of you for responding to my question for help!