Transferring Matic to Trezor one

Hello,

I want to transfer (Polygon) Matic from Binance to my Trezor one. I understand that being an ERC20 token I can simply transfer it using the Ethereum network, to an Ethereum address on my Trezor one.
On the contrary, if I choose the Polygon network I need a third party wallet, because Trezor suite doesn’t support the Polygon network.
I just want to keep my Matic safe on my Trezor, and my question is: apart from the higher fee I will probably pay using the Ethereum network is there any real disadvantage transfer it using the Ethereum network? What is more advisable/safe, using the Ethereum network or the Polygon network? Isn’t the Ethereum network more safe than the Polygon network?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

it is completely up to you, you just need to use 3rd party app if you choose polygon network that is all.

1 Like

Hello. I was reading your reply and I saw that you mentioned a 3rd party app. May I kindly ask you this. I sent from my Coinbase wallet some Sand tokens on the Polygon Network to my Trezor using and Ethereum address. Does this mean I lost the Sand coins being that I did not use a 3rd party app. I do not see my coins in the Trezor wallet. Can you please assist if you know the answer to this question. Thank you.

1 Like

@Lsanders please watch the step by step video here and search the forum for related topics.

1 Like

Hello,
I’m having the same issue and I sent my matic through matic network and I don’t see them in my trezor. I am looking for answers to this specific problem. I have written trezor customer service all they say is to watch the video about using the 3rd part wallet…
Have you fixed this problem? Recover or made an r possible to access your tokens. If yes, Could you share how you did it?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like