Trezor and various networks in Metamask

Hi
I’m considering getting a Trezor device to get extra protection for my DeFi activities using Metamask.

Do I understand correctly that I will be able to create a new ETH address, and that this address will be usable on all the forks/L1/L2 networks (eg. BSC, Fantom, Avax, Polygon etc) that MM supports?

I’m not looking to “lock away” single coins in Trezor. I am looking to use Trezor as an extra security for the use of Metamask, in the unlikely, yet dangerous case the browser extension would be compromised.

…but as I’ll be using MM on several networks, I need to be certain the Trezor “connection” will work regardless.

Hi @dragonmike

That’s correct.
the address remains the same no matter which network you use.

Please note that we do not develop nor maintain third party apps thus we cannot guarantee smooth functionality. However your private keys are always securely kept offline on your Trezor.

Hi,

I have read at Trezor resources that it is possible to store ERC-721 NFT in Trezor device. However it always refers to Ethereum blockchain and never refers to other L1/L2 such as Polygon in particular. Furthermore when I look to Community posts there are a number of users of Trezor highly complaining about losing NFTs, unclarity on whether Polygon ERC-721 tokens can be stored at all securily in Trezor. A few say that they can be lost forever!

Can you please clarify that? Please be as concise as possible. Can I send Polygon ERC-721 NFTs to my Trezor Ethereum wallet since apparently there is not a Polygon Wallet possible to create in Trezor? Thanks in advance