Sending ETH from Binance via ARBITRUM network

Recently, Binance and other exchanges allowed ETH withdrawals via ARBITRUM network.

Arbitrum is a layer 2 solution designed to improve the capabilities of Ethereum smart contracts
— boosting their speed and scalability, while adding in additional privacy features to boot, it also minimizes transaction fees at the same time.

However Arbitrum network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite interface.

If your ETH is not showing up in Suite or other wallet, please check your transaction ID on arbiscan.io to see if you have used Arbitrum network.

If yes, then follow:

Since Arbitrum One is EVM compatible network, it is supported in Trezor firmware (both model One and T) and funds can be accessed, sent and received using 3rd party app such as MetaMask.

User can either set up custom RPC manually:

Or you can simply use chainlist.org to add this info to MM with two clicks.

Hi forgi,
Unfortunately I have sent ETH from Binance using ARBITRUM network. I have set up a Metamask account and have added Arbitrum One (Chain ID: 42161) on MM. Next I have linked my Trezor device to MM, however I can’t choose the account address that I have generated on Trezor and have sent the ETH to from Binance. The transaction went through and I can see it on arbiscan, but I just can’t seem to access this address on Metamask when plugging in my Trezor.
What am I missing here?
Thanks

if you can’t see the address on the list then you are using wrong passphrase, or you have to leave the field empty to enter standard wallet

Thanks very much for your quick response. For a newbie who is clueless as to what apps such as Metamask actually are, and how to navigate them, can you provide a little more detail on what precisely needs to be done once you have activated Metamask.

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Send ETH from Binance via ARBITUM network

Hi.
I’ve got the exact same problem. I transfered Eth from Kucoin to Trezor on the Arbitrum network. I have got the Arbitrum network on my MM and connected to my Trezor. However, the Eth is not showing.
I could make a new account on MM, but the address I send the Eth to is not a selectable option.

I have no idea how to see my Eth now. Any help is appreciated.

TxHash of the transaction:
0x3919e282a5c8d3d89f4a155a13eca5ecd0f75a4acea578439758dd2fe72fe88d

what is the address you see in Metamask?

The address I send the Eth to (given by Trezor Suite) is 0xA8668285BE68bC9f1648CF92D56b34019529F89b.
The Trezor Metamask address I use for Arbitrum is 0x50E5Cac1f2CC7014A5D5D10420E607193863BcF8.

so, as you can see yourself, you are in a different address, that is why you cannot see ETH.

You are using the wrong passphrase.

Watch this video, on how to access the same address via other apps:

1 Like

Guys, any help on this one? I followed every step and have MetaMask connected to Trezor and also paired with Arbitrum One (which I used to send ETH from Binance) but the ETH balance is not showing on my Trezor even though it is showing correctly on MetaMask:

Any idea what to do, to get my ETH into Trezor?

This is the hash of the transaction on Arbiscan:
0x749d8644d07b519744bcf58e471809aac2addbc583c94bc47052bd894a03095e

Hi @Mikrosrot,

If you used Arbitrum network to transfer ETH to your Trezor, Trezor Suite won’t show it because it doesn’t support Arbitrum. Metamask does, therefore you see your ETH there.

However Arbitrum network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite interface.

Please read the first post by forgi in this thread, where the above quote is fetched from.

Hi @Mikrosrot,

To see your ETH on Arbitrum in Trezor, you need to send it back to the ETH network first (which is supported in Trezor Suite). After you send them back to your exchange send them again to your ETH address, but this time make sure to use the proper ETH network (most likely you will have to pay higher transaction fees). You will see your ETH in Trezor Suite then.

Did you win ? A do you have your eth back ?

I have the same adres in metamask and my trezor, but i send it two months ago. given by trezor suite, but now the adres is not the same. how i can get my eth from arbitrum, do you know help me please ?

Hi
I have sent my ETH from Binance into my Trezor T wallet, but nothing showing up yet. I have checked TxID, confirmed has been sent. I have no idea how custom RPC manually. and i dont have meta mask wallet either. So would you please guid me to sort this out.
Thanks

Hi @alr52,

have you used the Arbitrum network? If so, please keep in mind that ETH sent via the Arbitrum network can’t be seen in Trezor Suite as this network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite. You need to use 3rd party app MetaMask, information on how to connect Trezor to MetaMask: How to use Trezor with MetaMask

Remember, you need to connect the ETH address that you used for sending the funds in the step “Select an account”.

Then you need to add the Arbitrum network which is so-called EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) chain. Example on how to add EVM to MetaMask (with a different EVM though): How to use EVM compatible chains with Trezor (Matic, Avax)
(you need to find “Arbitrum One” on chainlist.org and add this network)

Hi
I believe I have done exactly what you mentioned in your reply, but still, nothing is showing in my account, neither on Trezor nor on Metamask. Do I need to have any amount of ETH in Metamask to use as a gas fee to complete this transaction? Despite Binance saying the transaction is completed?