Scam airdrop tokens appearing in your wallet

yes, the last one at the bottom.

1 Like

In the list of tokens section that I own as shown in my Trezor suite the following link (which Iā€™ve modified a bit as links are not allowed to be posted here) has shown up:
$ VISIT BITUNI SITE TO CLAIM - $ bituni site
3,000 $ VISIT BITUNI SITE TO CLAIM

Has my Trezor been compromised?

Hi, today when I logged in to my trezor I saw a new transaction with a message ā€˜ā€˜Received $ VISIT (website url) TO CLAIM
+3,000 $ VISIT (website url) TO CLAIMā€™ā€™ and itā€™s still under tokens in ethereum. I want to remove it but I donā€™t know how? Please be careful if you receive any transaction just like thisā€¦ Itā€™s annoying that itā€™s still in my trezor suite app, any solution would be highly appreciated!

@Mplp and @Locko,

Please read this thread from the top, your answer is here.

1 Like

What to do if you dont? Can I fix inside Trezor move ETH to tokens address?

Answered here, Jay. :wink: Please donā€™t post same question in several threads.

Until ā€œignore tokenā€ or token blacklist/whitelist feature is implemented it is HIGHLY advised NOT to interact with airdropped scam tokens as you can loose your entire funds. You can either ignore them or just move your funds to brand new wallet/address. But remember to never interact with such airdropped tokens.

Thanks so much for your very quick reply. I was under the impression that my wallet would be secure and outside influences unable to leave messages there. Iā€™m glad I checked in here first and did my research before connecting my wallet to anything odd. Finding a message actually inside my Trezor hard wallet made me think it must be something to do with Trezor - clearly not.
I really appreciate your response thank you and seasons greetings.

Thanks John for your quick reply. Much appreciated. and seasons greetings.

In my effort to figure out what was going on, Trezor support advised me to set up a custom network RPC, with the following details:

:arrow_right: Network Name: ETHW-mainnet :arrow_right: New RPC URL: [https:// mainnet . ethereumpow .org]( mainnet. ethereumpow .org/)

I followed this process. Is my wallet still safe?

HI,

Is there any update on to when we will be able to hide scam airdrop tokens from appearing in our wallets?

Hi, do not have a specific time, but very soon.

OK, great, I look forward to it and please keep us informed

Merry Christmas!! :christmas_tree:

so, been readingā€¦ no risk at all with that ghost airdrop token?
ID:159668

I received a series of messages represented in transaction ETH lines to claim Bonus like:

Received $ VISIT USDCXMAS . COM TO CLAIM

Received 927$ VISIT AUSDBONUS . COM TO CLAIM

Received $ VISIT USTBONUS . COM TO CLAIM

and so on.

this is a scam?, if not, how I claim it?

@Rasec these are airdrop tokens, usually scams. Please check the posts above

I deposited some Jasmy coins into my wallet. I then saw a new slot indicating I have 8,000 free coins and to go into a non-trezor website. I ejected my trezor and then restarted my windows pc and trezor suite was gone. It said it had been changed and moved.

Hi @btc9,

Did you click on the link to that scam website?

Where did it say that Trezor Suite was changed and moved?

Any update on the feature to hide such scams? 1st report was over one year ago, Iā€™ve been reasurred trough email that a fewture is in the works 4 months ago and Iā€™ve seen no progress.

Most of these are getting smart now, they use the attack vector of you trying to "move or delete them by sending to 0x000) and in the progress they REQUIRE a smart contract approval which is later used to drain your account on ethereum.

Iā€™ve written on ethereum github a feature proposal to add a way to remove such coin without contract interactions and they refuse to do so, same way youā€™re refusing to improve trezor.

Other wallets such at Metamask are already implementing whitelists with the coins that show up on your wallet.

On top of this the recent news about ā€œaddress poisoningā€ which targets the users that copy address from transaction logs and donā€™t verify the entire address by trying to match 1st and last digits your address has.

I love trezor and Iā€™ve using it since day one, but, postponing this features is unjustified and rises serious questions.

@chiuchiuping this feature should be out in March release of Trezor Suite:

2 Likes