Says unknown transaction went ETH sent from coinbase to Trezor model T

says unknown transaction when ETH sent from coinbase to Trezor Model T

1 Like

Do you mean that you got this message when you tried to send ETH to your Trezor, or that you discovered an unknown transaction in your wallet from someone?

1 Like

Unknown transaction in wallet. But I sent it from coinbase. ETH amount increased to the right amount

So you received the ETH you sent from Coinbase but also see an unknown transaction in your Trezor wallet. I doubt these two are connected. What does the unknown transaction say? Does it have a text message?

They seem connected because the right amount ot ETH went into the trezor hard wallet. Previous transactions show a downarrow ETH.

Hi @pkskeleton, @Petosiris

This transaction is so-called Ethereum internal transaction. Many exchanges use this type of Ethereum transactions for withdrawals.

An internal transaction is a transfer of ETH that is carried out through a smart contract as an intermediary. For more information on internal transactions see https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050782511-What-are-Eth-Internal-Transactions-

In the past, it was not possible to see these transactions in Trezor Suite history as the backend that is used didn’t know them (however, the overall ETH balance was correct). Recently we added internal transaction support to our ETH blockbook so Trezor Suite can also display them in transaction history. However, the implementation is not complete yet. You will see “Internal transaction” instead of “Unknown transaction” and also the sent amount of ETH in the transaction detail.

These improvements will be implemented in the near future.

1 Like

Looking forward to that. Will there also be a help text in Trezor Suite to explain to users what an Internal transaction is?

That would be lovely

1 Like

I thought that an internal transaction was the explanation. Will my trezor model T show internal transaction instead of unknown transaction in the future. Will it self correct?

Paul

Can I see the internal transaction on etherscan?

Paul

@Petosiris, @rimaS,

Will there also be a help text in Trezor Suite to explain to users what an Internal transaction is?

thanks for the idea, can’t promise anything, but it would be great for sure! cc @sime

2 Likes

yes it will, see the previous post:

…
These improvements will be implemented in the near future.

You can see the internal transaction also on Etherscan under the section “Internal Txns”

1 Like

Yes, in the future, internal transactions will be labelled as internal transactions.