Problem retrieving my old wallet in MetaMask that is connected to my hardware wallet Trezor 1 pls help!

So to start, I’m using MetaMask as a bridge to get my ETH in Coinbase pro. So in MetaMask, I used the Connect Hardware Wallet and all my funds Ethereum, tokens are all in there in the Trezor 1 that i connected to MetaMask. Now my problem was after i Removed my MetaMask extension and tried to recover my account using Seed Phrase on MetaMask, all my funds are gone. My wallet address was not the same to my old wallet address containing my funds that is connected to Trezor 1. Tried using my Seed phrase on my trezor still no luck. Is there any possibility i can get back my old wallet in Metamask since i connected it to my Trezor 1 thats containing my Ethereum and 2 other tokens that was there? How would i get back? I feel devastated about this.

Once you initialize MetaMask wallet, there is a default account created (the red one in the picture). If you wish to use it, then you need to keep your MetaMask seed phrase to recover and access this account whenever needed. This account is not a part of Trezor wallet.

On the contrary, there are Trezor accounts (the yellow and the blue one in the picture). The same accounts are generated in MEW, Trezor Suite etc. These are Trezor generated accounts and can be recovered only by using Trezor recovery seed.

If you reinstall the extension or plugin (your 3rd party wallet) It has no effect on recovering of your Trezor addresses - they are still being derived from your Trezor recovery seed and paasphrase of your choice (if enabled and used). Because when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered (if enabled and used), the same wallet is accessed. There is no exception. It always generates the same wallet including the same accounts having the same addresses in the same order. The public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

So if you are not able to import desired address into your Metamask interface you are either using different device (or different recovery seed) or you are entering different wallet by using different passphrase (not the one that was used to create hidden wallet where the address in question might be).

1 Like

Im still unable to get back my old wallet. Is there any other way? Pls

Encountering the exact same issue, though I can assure you that the seed phrase is the EXACT same, so where on Earth did this hidden wallet address go ??

Really is a cold shower and only proves me that hardware ledgers are just as unreliable as the rest… Now I’m stuck, can’t access my funds nor tokens. Any REAL suggestion please ? thank you !

Would factory-resetting my ledger bring the address back ? I did no manipulation to make it disappear.

UPDATE: recovered the wallet in question by 1. Reformatting and reinstalling the previous wallet using the seed.
2. Insisting with the device while connecting and it did end up showing me the wallet in question.

Half a day lost for a digital fluke. NOT thanking you Trezor for these horrible cold chills !!

Please, could you explain to me better how you have solved the problem, my gmail is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, thanks

Hi @MarkitosYeeYee ,

I have hidden your email address. It is not very safe to publish email addresses, especially in crypto. You would very quickly become a target of spam and phishing attempts. It is always better to ask for a public solution so that other members can learn from it.

Thank you for understanding.

2 Likes

I have the same problem that happened to me yesterday and I don’t know what to do

hi brother. same thing happened to me. i accidentally un install meta mask and when i log it back in and connect my trezor wallet it is not giving the old wallet where my assets are saved, did you manage to recover yours?

I have the same issue now since before my trezor linked acc in MM could not transfer funds out so I tried to reset MM, now I can’t retrieve that previous hardware acc.
Would love to know your solution.
Cheers

1 Like

I had to reset my MM and now I can’t recover a previous account linked to Trezor when I choose “connect hardware wallet”

Other addresses appear when I choose which do not contain the ETH I had in that previous account.

Is there any way to retrieve my previous Trezor MM account?

Thanks Kindly

1 Like

Hi I also have the same problem after removing metamask from my browser extension Tried to add trezor wallet again but I no longer able to find this address 0xBBE47C8BE8D036e699e870d45aeBA34146BE88b9 Can anyone help please Thanks in advance

I am also having this issue, it seems many people are. I think it would be beneficial if trezor made a video on how to resolve. pls help

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trezor Crashes Metamask

Yeha it’s ridiculous that this issue exists. It’s our keys we should be able to see All our addresses right away. @trezor what do yoy have to say abiut this?

Hello, did you have an issue? thank you

hi … do you have an answer ?, cannot get my wallet after reset MM … :pray:

Hi Angel, I have the same problem, how did you fixe it ?

Hello,

Today I used my Trezor wallet to make a new wallet on my metamask account. I sent funds to this wallet and later on I ‘removed’ the wallet from my metamask.

When I tried to login later I couldn’t find the address that I made with Trezor. I do see a lot of other addresses but I can’t find the one that I made with Trezor. I tried to repeat the same process again and this time the addresses that I removed from my metamask where clearly shown.

Please help me out, I can not get access to my wallet since I cannot import the address in metamask… I would like to retrieve acces again to my funds.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Is the eth address of the mm-trezor wallet you created not the eth address on your suite?
If you create a wallet again but cannot find the same address, it is likely that your secret phrase is different from the one you used last time.