Passphrase is no longer working, empty wallet

90% of this wallet is BTC, and it has never sent, only received (except perhaps when it was new)

and have you previously typed your passphrase every time you created some address in order to receive your funds?

Also, since we are talking about BTC, what account types did you use ? are they all enabled ?

1 Like

by BTC account types, you mean segwit? I dont remember. I have enabled BTC and a few other coins on the suite

just bech32 addresses (starting bc1q) and its account type is enabled in Trezor Suite by default. If you have previously used another type (legacy), you have to enable it again after reseting the app.

1 Like

How do I enable the legacy type?

The addresses I sent to using trezor suite are all starting with bc1 … So if I set up the standard wallet first with Segwit (bech32) then when trying to open a passphrase wallet, it will show up without error?

yes, if you have used Segwit (bech32), it should be discovered every time you open suite even after restart/clearing cache…

So the only possible explanation that you are not able to access desired addresses (where you have previously sent your funds to) is, that you are not using the same combination of recovery seed and passphrase (if used) as you did when you created and used those addresses in the first place.

1 Like

another scenario:
all x 4 passphase ARE LINKED TO ANOTHER SEED(but setup with same pin code)

you setup up your device generate your seed set picode1234

1)you then WIPE trezor and get a NEW SEED and it has the same pincode 1234
2) you then set up 4 x passphrases linked to SEED 2

but you believed SEED 1 was running on the trezor

1)think!!! is there another seed stored somewhere?

2)all the pincode dose is type your seed for you

3)even if you had some funds in the standard wallet(seed only)you could have another seed with a funds in as well you wouldnt no that the seed and passphases were not linked unsless you do a check of the seed & passphase at the same time(high insight is a great thing i know)

4)somebody has got hold of your device wiped it(genaratining a new seed)and given it the same pincode

the good thing is the funds are stuck not stolen

Yes, I think this happens in quite a few cases. Instead of Recover the old wallet by entering the old backup/recovery seed, creating a new seed is chosen instead. And when the seeds are different (they always are) then it doesn’t matter if the Passphrase(s) are correct.

Think of the Trezor as a house key. Everything you own is in the house, but you need the right key to get access to it. You can copy the key and give one to a family member, but the house is the same. If you make a new house key with a random design, it won’t work in your house door.

Same with crypto coins. Your assets are in the blockchain(s), not in your hardware/cold wallet. The Trezor is just a key and it must be the correct key to get access to your assets in the blockchain(s).

1 Like

agreed another seed i most likly to blame in this case

think buddy

1. checked safe places for ANOTHER SEED
  2. failing thats the must be a typo within every passphrase

I had exactly the same problem, do you still need some advice?

Hi @TwoLamps
I’m having the exact same issue today but only with 1 passphrase.
I hadn’t used Trezor in a while, opened Trezor Suite, entered PIN then Passphrase for hidden wallet, everything worked just fine, could see all my balances.
Then it prompted me to do a firmware update.
The firmware update actually gave me an error at the end saying it failed. (Didn’t take a picture of the error)
When I plugged trezor back in, it was wiped and I had to recovery the wallet from the recovery seed, which I did, it was succesffull.
Now here is the issue, when I enter the passphrase, it takes me to an empty wallet!
I can still see some of my addresses, the balances are there, so I don’t think I have been hacked.
But how on earth do we get access to the wallet again?
Were you able to resolve your issue? Did you try downgrading the firmware ? This is definitely what caused the issue for me since I was able to see everything earlier today pre firmware upgrade.
Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to help. It’s a significant amount of money :frowning:

Eddy

Ok so maybe this will be helpful to others
I found my mistake. I used the WRONG seed to recover the wallet (which was a “successful” recovery)
Obviously the passphrase on the wrong seed will show up empty.
I can confirm everything back to normal
I am using firmware 2.6.0

4 Likes

after updating firmware on my trezor 1 as suggested , I get this “This hidden wallet is empty” with the same passphrase as before. before the update i could see my funds.
what can it be?
thank’s

@g4257861il

Most probably and most common is you are inputing the wrong passphrase for the seed on the trezor device.

Hi @g4257861il,

also, it is possible that you have the wrong recovery seed stored in your Trezor device.

Check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup (the one you created when initialized your device for the first time). You can find instructions on how to perform this check here:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t

Hey guys,
I had the same issue. However, when I switched back to my old desktop version of the Trezor Suite, it worked. This version was installed when I created the passphrase and I haven’t updated it since. In my opinion, the error seems to lie with the Trezor web wallet. I’ve tried it many times now, always with the same result.

1 Like

or more likely your keyboard layout is different so you where inputting different character therefore wrong passphrase

1 Like

Hey Forgi

I have the same exact situation where my hidden wallet is showing empty with no history after I did the update.

question where can I confirm my keyboard selection?

thank you