New coins support

Agreed. But it turns out that the distinction between “actual coins/chains” and “mere tokens” is surprisingly hard to codify, esp. taking into consideration that this whole thing is digital. One would think that it would be easy to stuff it into a database entry. And it’s very much not.

Take Binance, for example. The BNB “coin” is a mainnet coin on Binance Chain, the network currency on BSC, and an ERC20 token on Ethereum. All of them are “the real” BNB, as far as I can tell anyway.
Avalanche has several chains. EOS used to be an ERC20 token, then it became a mainnet, and now has an EVM version. Every day some token or other launches a “mainnet” that is actually an EVM – without deprecating the tokenized version, so you can transact on both.

This whole space is a huge mess. Exchanges make it seem easy: you just trade a symbol and it just happens. The answer to “is this thing supported on Trezor” is “well that depends” in an infuriatingly large number of cases.

With all that said, our current coins page doesn’t even try, so yeah, adding an “ERC20” badge like it was on the previous version would help a lot. And something like that is actually in the pipeline.

3 Likes

are tokens generally supported on all the ERC20-style and similar networks or is there disparity? if it is all everywhere you could make 3 sections:

1. “simple” chains like btc, ltc, xno whatever, those that dont support tokens or moving other things in general
  2. “token networks” eth, xtz, bnb, and so on, those that support tokens via their mechanisms
  3. Tokens that are supported on the Token networks.

This is very helpful. I am new here and need help. What should the receiving address for XLM be? any receiving address generated in ETH network other than ETH itself?

BTW, I see that AKT is listed by trezor but not supported. Does that mean I can’t used trezor?

Hi @by1,

XLM address looks for example like this “GATZVKY4F7GOIUAXBTFE5NPTZUBTUQ4THJADQHZRE4HONZZWIW4LODGZ”

As mentioned in previous threads, native XLM is not supported directly in Trezor Suite, but 3rd party app (for example Account Viewer) needs to be used.

Akash Network (AKT) is not supported by Trezor devices as you can find at https://trezor.io/coins/detail/akash-network. It means that you need to use a different wallet for AKT

Hi Trezor,

I pre-ordered 2 Trezor Safe 3 but 6 of my coins are not supported, why?

Coins: SOL, ATOM, OSMO, INJ, TIA, and KASPA - when are you guys at Trezor will support these coins?

I started feeling norm because I don’t want to leave my coins on Binance or KuCoin.

I want to move all my coins to Trezor Safe 3.

Looking forward to your awesome reply.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards

1 Like

Hi @cybersoft,

We are currently working on Solana (SOL) support in Trezor, but we don’t have any additional information to share at this time. We will keep you updated.

Injective (INJ) ERC20 token on the Ethereum network is supported as every other ERC20 token. You can find information on how to use ERC20 tokens in Trezor Suite in the video linked in this thread

Cosmos Hub (ATOM), Osmosis (OSMO), Celestia (TIA) and Kaspa (KAS) are not supported by Trezor devices as you can find at https://trezor.io/coins. There are currently no plans for adding support for these coins.

hello ,ORDI currency is very promising. Please support it as soon as possible. I have some stocks and can only put them on exchanges. Trezor does not support them now. I am very disappointed.

Hi @abcd123,

I can confirm that ORDI (ORDI) is not supported by Trezor devices as can be seen at https://trezor.io/coins/detail/ordinals.

There are currently no plans for adding support for these coins. To store this cryptocurrency you need to use a different wallet.

Hello, I wanted to ask if you have plans to add an ATOM coin

Hi @Deserty,

there are currently no plans to implement Cosmos Hub (ATOM) support in Trezor devices. Other upcoming features have a higher priority. You need to use a different wallet for storing this cryptocurrency.

Will Trezor. support rare satoshi? If not, then it is impossible to avoid spending the rare satoshi when trying to transfer out?

Hi @flybird,

There are currently no plans to support Rare Sats. We are currently focusing on other projects.

Do you have a plan to support tron network? it’s popular and has many advantages. It seems many users are waiting for it

1 Like

Hi @sfsogood,

there are no plans for supporting the Tron network in Trezor devices. We are currently focusing on other projects.

1 Like

Hello team.
May I ask you why? Tron and USDT (TRC20) one of the most popular and in demand on the market.

Aren’t you interested in selling more of your devices?

1 Like

Hi @DimaS,

there are still no plans for supporting the Tron network in Trezor devices. We are currently focusing on other projects.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, without this network, the device is useless to me at the moment of my life… I hope your moods will change, this is a very popular network and it would attract a lot of new users.

3 Likes

True, I bought especially the Leger for supporting TRX and TRC-20 tokens. I don’t know how much memory the Trezor models have, but I’m guessing that’s the problem.

I think the problem is some kind of unreasonable dislike for the Tron network. USDT TRC20 is the most popular story, it is used by a legal business and a huge number of projects, but the guys from Trezor do not want to listen to their users. I hope this day will come and I will finally start using it, it has been lying in the table for more than a year and is waiting in the wings…

2 Likes

Ordered new Trezor Safe 3 last month… Already on its way. Sadly didn’t do my homework properly. I saw on the website support for USDT and assumed support for both major networks. Now I’m really disappointed.

Are there any workarounds via extensions or third party apps?)

1 Like