New coins support

What do you mean by “exotic coins”? Many of the supported coins and tokens are HODLed by users, including me. I’m buying several Ethereum (ETH) ERC-20 tokens for instance. It’s never easy to know what to include or remove support for in a hardware wallet like Trezor, and it’s especially risky to remove anything already supported.

I agree that more of the top coins could be supported though. Personally, I’d like Solana (SOL), ranked #9, and Polkadot (DOT), ranked #11, to be supported by the Trezor devices and Trezor suite. And I’d like BSC and some others to be supported also in Trezor suite, so we don’t have to use 3rd party software to see and interact with them.

My watchlist:

I agree with you. However between 101-1500 there are many irrelevant coins, “shitcoins”, “exotic coins” (as you prefer) compared to 1-100.
We have to consider that all coins after position 200 on CoinMarketCap do not meet its grading criteria and are essentially unreliable.

[Link](https://support.coinmarketcap.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043836851-Ranking-Cryptoasset-Exchange-)

• Top 200 Rank: The project must minimally have a CMC-verified market capitalization and fulfill the requirements outlined in (1) - (5) above.
  • Top 201 Rank and beyond: The project must minimally have a CMC-verified market capitalization but does not need to fulfill the requirements in (1) - (5) above.
  • Unranked: Cryptoassets without a CMC-verified market capitalization sorted by 24h trading volume."

As I said, many of what’s supported and in the supported coins and tokens list, are ERC-20 tokens. You didn’t answer my question of which ones you mean should be removed.

No, that was your saying, I just quoted you.

1 Like

I have no particular name to report. My comments come from the CoinMarketCap link I quoted.
What is the point of having a wallet that supports coins between 101-1500 compared to 1-100 if the former set is unreliable from 200 and contains many exotic coins (shitcoins)?
For this trezor should strive to support at least the top 50 coins otherwise the usefulness of the wallet will not be very high.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with this statement.
I have always considered only some projects to really be worth hodling on cold storage for a long time 4years minimum.

The rest I just have for fun, or to see if I might get lucky and keep or on exchange (withdrawal fees can be nasty) or on wallet like exodus.
This rest is not more than 2 or 3 percent of portfolio.

Heii but this is just me sharing some thoughts.
Freedom of choice is great

:+1:

is the moonbeam glmr token supported on trezor model t

Hi @soundman57,

both Trezor Model One and Trezor Model T support Moonbeam (GLMR) network. However, this network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite. It means you need to use 3rd party wallet such as MetaMask to be able to see and manage GLMR on the Moonbeam network with Trezor.

You can find information on how to connect Trezor to MetaMask here: How to use Trezor with MetaMask - YouTube

In the next step, you need to add the Moonbeam network to MetaMask. Please visit https://chainlist.org/ (make sure to use this link, there are several scam links on the web), find “Moonbeam”, select “Add to MetaMask” and “Aprove” and “Switch network”.

You can also find the process (with a different network though) in this video: How to use EVM compatible chains with Trezor - YouTube

Some news about SOL support or do i have to buy Ledger only because of lacking development?
Greets from Czech to Czech support

1 Like

Hello, is this topic relevant anymore?

How on earth did you guys rush to support trash like PEPE but still not supporting big alt coins like SOL, ATOM, DOT, TRON etc? Is there a priority list?

Feeling buyer’s remorse

1 Like

because it is ERC20 token, ALL ETH tokens are supported by default, that is how it works.

1 Like

Trezor lags behind other wallets in support for new blockchains. 5 years ago Trezor was my favourite wallet, it is now becoming increasingly obsolete. Without supporting the major new blockchains Trezor will be little more than a glorified Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet, which is inadequate for truly being part of the web3 revolution.
What is the roadmap for new coins and why has progress been so slow in this regard?

2 Likes

When Support Dynex(DNX)?thank you!

Will Trezor be supporting KASPA soon? Currently using Tangem but no keys.

Reasons for adding Kaspa to Trezor

#82 market cap and growing FAST.
Solved the trilemma.
Solid team with the inventor of Ghost
Fastest Proof of work / dag. On test net. June.27 2023
No ICO, No pre-mine, Immaculate conception aka fair launch like BTC.
Smart contracts coming down the road.

Thanks,

@forgi I have checked and TSHARE is supported in trezor t suite but I cant seem to find where and how to add the token. I went to (ftmscan) to get token and contract but I dont know what token to add it to.

@radekP I have checked and TSHARE is supported in trezor t suite but I cant seem to find where and how to add the token. I went to (ftmscan) to get token and contract but I dont know what token to add it to. I dont see a fantom wallet?

Hi @blue,

both Trezor Model One and Trezor Model T support Tomb Shares (TSHARE). It is a token on the Fantom Opera network. However, this network is not natively supported in Trezor Suite. It means you need to use 3rd party wallet such as MetaMask to be able to see and manage TSHARE on the Fantom Opera network with Trezor.

You can find information on how to connect Trezor to MetaMask here: How to use Trezor with MetaMask - YouTube

In the next step, you need to add the Fantom Opera network to MetaMask. Please visit https://chainlist.org/ (make sure to use this link, there are several scam links on the web), find “Fantom Opera”, select “Add to MetaMask” then “Approve” and “Switch network”.

You can also find the process (with a different network though) in this video: How to use EVM compatible chains with Trezor - YouTube

After you add the Fantom Opera network to your MetaMask you need to import TSHARE token. Please, select “+ Import Tokens”:

Insert contract address of the TSHARE token (0x4cdf39285d7ca8eb3f090fda0c069ba5f4145b37) to form “Token Contract Address”, select “Add Custom Tokens” and “Import Tokens”

You will then be able to manage TSHARE on the Fantom Opera network via MetaMask.

And look out for the hunchback in that network! :sweat_smile:
(just kidding)

2 Likes

This is the best POW cryptocurrency form for our crypto future
support is MUST.

A post was split to a new topic: Fact0rn (FACT) support

Hello,

just wanted to ask if new listings are still postponed.
Would like to see Fact0rn (FACT) integrated, its an BTC v22 Fork