New coins support

Hi @flybird,

There are currently no plans to support Rare Sats. We are currently focusing on other projects.

Do you have a plan to support tron network? it’s popular and has many advantages. It seems many users are waiting for it

1 Like

Hi @sfsogood,

there are no plans for supporting the Tron network in Trezor devices. We are currently focusing on other projects.

1 Like

Hello team.
May I ask you why? Tron and USDT (TRC20) one of the most popular and in demand on the market.

Aren’t you interested in selling more of your devices?

1 Like

Hi @DimaS,

there are still no plans for supporting the Tron network in Trezor devices. We are currently focusing on other projects.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, without this network, the device is useless to me at the moment of my life… I hope your moods will change, this is a very popular network and it would attract a lot of new users.

3 Likes

True, I bought especially the Leger for supporting TRX and TRC-20 tokens. I don’t know how much memory the Trezor models have, but I’m guessing that’s the problem.

I think the problem is some kind of unreasonable dislike for the Tron network. USDT TRC20 is the most popular story, it is used by a legal business and a huge number of projects, but the guys from Trezor do not want to listen to their users. I hope this day will come and I will finally start using it, it has been lying in the table for more than a year and is waiting in the wings…

2 Likes

Ordered new Trezor Safe 3 last month… Already on its way. Sadly didn’t do my homework properly. I saw on the website support for USDT and assumed support for both major networks. Now I’m really disappointed.

Are there any workarounds via extensions or third party apps?)

1 Like

Hi @Sem,

Unfortunately not, the Tron network is not supported by Trezor devices and there are currently no plans to implement this support. Simply put, you need to use a different wallet for storing USDT on the Tron network.

Thank you for the answer. I hope one day support for TRON will be added (there are open source solutions so integration shouldn’t be too hard). It would bring new customers to Trezor because of USDT TRC-20.

It’s kind of weird that not all TOP-200 coins are supported already. But I understand the focus on other features and overall difficulty of adding new networks with fairly limited amount of memory.

Will Trezor. support rare satoshi? If not, then it is impossible to avoid spending the rare satoshi when trying to transfer out?

1 Like

Hi @flybird,

Your question has been already answered, see New coins support - #106 by radekP

Please, do not double-post the same questions.

Is there any update on Solana being supported? If there isn’t an ETA can you give me a very very rough estimate of worst case timeframe if possible?

Can you please tell me is EGLD (multiversx) is ever planned for being supported?
If no, have you been considering it?

Thanks!

PS: I haven’t really thought of checking the coin list before purchasing the safe 3. I assume most of them are supported, same as in ledger. My bad.

The same here. I checked it briefly and still was confused to find out later that major token USDT TRC-20 is not supported. And apparently there is a good implementation of TRON network for Trezor published on GitHub but it was closed without decent reason…

It will be nice if Trezor adds a warning that not all TOP-200 coins are supported and maybe additional warning for USDT since it’s basically the biggest token right now. It would drive away some part of potential customers but at least it will be honest and consumer friendly.

1 Like

I purchased the Safe 3 based upon the representation that Trezor supports over 8,000 coins, yet after receiving the device have now discovered that Solana (one of the largest networks) is not supported.

Does Trezor have any plans to add support for Solana $SOL?

Hi @HGW,

Yes, we have heard a lot of requests from our users and supporters to add Solana support to Trezor and we decided to meet them. This cryptocurrency will be supported by Trezor Model T and Trezor Safe 3 soon.

So, I bought some DOT today, thinking that it was supported on the Model T. Turns out I didn’t pay attention. The Model T only supports xDOT. Not sure what the distinction is between the two.

So, two questions:

Why support xDOT but not DOT?

Any timeframe as to when Trezor Model T will support DOT?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @packetpinger. Trezor supports all ERC20 tokens since they are running on ETH blockchain. However, Polkadot team have decided to launch their own mainnet which resulted into a new cryptocurrency.

At the moment, we are in the process of setting up a new strategy for implementing new coins. Anyway, Trezor team is rather conservative about supporting new mainnets, meaning there is currently no plan to integrate this coin, unfortunately.