Model T shows no transactions ever!

Bought the Model T about a year ago and loaded 5 different coins from Exodus wallet, no problems. Haven’t used it at all since. Yesterday I received the scam email but was suspect so I went to Trezor suite and saw there was a software update as well as a firmware update. Performed both updates and connected my Model T and it shows ZERO coins and doesn’t even show there was any transactions ever made.

I also have a Trezor One that works fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Thanks,
Chris

2 Likes

Please, go through the steps here:

You are using wrong seed, passphrase or do not have coins enabled.

Thanks so much! Will give this a try.

Wow, starting to get nervous. I’ve gone through checking seed words (checks out), passphrase checks out but hidden wallet is empty as is main wallet and I have all coins enabled that are available (xlm doesn’t show).

When I hook it up to Exodus wallet it created another portfolio instead of connecting to the portfolio previously created when I first connected it to Exodus.

BTW when I updated firmware it completed ok but in the past when I’ve updated firmware I have always had to re-input my seed words. I updated both of my devices but neither asked for seeds. Is this normal?

I’d appreciate some more help if someone has any ideas!!!

Thanks,
Chris

Nothing has worked so far. Should I just wipe the Model T and put my seed words back in?

Thanks
Chris

Hi @daschwc,

First, I would like to mention that it is normal that recovery seed is not required after the firmware update.

If you checked the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device and if it is the same as your recovery seed backup, then there is no need to wipe your Trezor as you already have the same seed stored there.

Do you use passphrase? If so, then you most likely entered a different one and that is the reason why you see a different (empty) wallet.

You also mentioned that you have Trezor Model One that is working fine. Can you check if the same seed is stored there?

1 Like

Hi, @radekP thanks for responding. Yes I did create a hidden wallet but I never added any coins to that wallet. Everything went to the main wallet. I had the passphrase for the hidden wallet written down and it checks out as well.

I’ve done all the things that have already been suggested to no avail. What is the consequences if I do a reset?

I checked my trezor one and the seed phrases are different.

Thanks again,
Chris

1 Like

This means that the passphrase you’re inputing is for and empty wallet not for the intended/desired wallet. Most probably you are inputing a different passphrase than the one originally created for the desired wallet

1 Like

Hi rimaS, am I correct that only hidden wallets use a passphrase? I ask because the main wallet doesn’t ask for one. I’m pretty sure I never added any coins to the hidden wallet.

When I connect it shows standard wallet (and says no passphrase) and 1 hidden wallet. The passphrase I input opens the wallet but it is also empty.

Thank you!
Chris

1 Like

I checked my trezor one and the seed phrases are different.

Do I get it right that you have different recovery seeds stored in your Trezor Model T and Trezor Model One. If so and if you cannot see your funds in the Trezor Model T, it means that you have your funds in standard wallet backed up by the different recovery seed that is stored in your Trezor Model One.

Do you have a backup of this recovery seed? If not, you need to move all your funds from the Trezor Model One (from your standard wallet that you have there) to a wallet with a known recovery seed. Information on how to do it can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/move-crypto-to-a-wallet-with-a-new-seed

1 Like

The model one I bought years ago has a 24 word seed. The Mode T I bought a year ago has 12 word seed. Would that make a difference?

Thanks

Would that make a difference?

Yes, the seeds are different so each of them leads to a different standard wallet. That is why you do not see your funds in the standard wallet in your Trezor Model T. But you see your funds in the standard wallet in your Trezor Model One.

24-word recovery seed can be imported into Trezor Model T without problems. So if you have this 24-word recovery seed you can easily import it there and you will see your funds also in your Trezor Model T.

Do you have this 24-word recovery seed backup? If so, can you check that in your Trezor Model One is the same seed stored?

1 Like

First, thanks so much for your help, I do appreciate it.

I have the 12 and 24 word seeds written down (backed up). So you’re saying if I import the 24 word seed from the model one into the model T I will see the funds from both devices in the model T? Having a hard time making since of this.

I thought the funds associated with a given seed phrase would be separate from funds associated with a different seed phrase. In other words, I have different coins on the model one than the model T. I’m not understanding how all funds from both wallets can be retrieved with one seed phrase.

I’ve checked the 12 word seed of the model T against the 12 word seed originally entered and it is valid. Also the 24 word seed of the model one are also valid.

Would it be easier (and safe) to just reset it and reenter the backed up 12 word seed? If that is a good option it seems the easiest.

I just remembered that when I first plugged the model T in the other day, I’m pretty sure the first info on the screen was boot loader mode but I clicked something and then entered my pin. Would that have caused any issue with the problem at hand?

Thanks again!

1 Like

I can confirm that the wallet is always connected to its specific recovery seed. More information about the recovery seed can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/how-to-use-a-recovery-seed.

If you have funds on two differents wallets backed up by different recovery seeds (12 and 24), the only way how to have these funds into one wallet is to move them by standard transactions.

Anyway, if you want to have funds from your Trezor Model One in your Trezor Model T, you can simply import the 24-word (from Trezor Model One) to Trezor Model T. However, keep in mind that if you do it, you will not be able to see the funds that are associated with your 12-word recovery seed that is stored in your Trezor Model T right now.

I just remembered that when I first plugged the model T in the other day, I’m pretty sure the first info on the screen was boot loader mode but I clicked something and then entered my pin. Would that have caused any issue with the problem at hand?

Do I get it right that you cannot see funds that you have on Trezor Model T (on the wallet backed up by 12-word recovery seed)? If so, keep in mind that the fact you entered the bootloader mode cannot cause this issue if you were then able to access standard mode). If this is your issue, then you most likely entered a wrong passphrase.

1 Like

Thanks again for your input. I have no desire to merge the coins to 1 wallet. My only reason for posting was to see if anyone could help me recover my coins from the model T.

If I understand correctly a passphrase is only used with hidden wallets. During setup I did open a hidden wallet and recorded the passphrase. I did not put any funds into the hidden wallet. All funds went to the main wallet with the 12 word seed phrase.

My issue is no funds showing in the main wallet. I checked the seed phrase for the main wallet and it checks out and gives me access. I used the passphrase I recorded on the model T and it gives me access to the hidden wallet #1. No funds in that wallet. I’ve tried variations of that passphrase but they don’t access the wallet. How can you enter a wrong passphrase and still gain access to that wallet?

I’d like to believe that I used a wrong seed phrase or passphrase but the info I enter gives me access to both wallets, they just don’t show any funds.

Thanks

1 Like

you do realise, that ANY passphrase you put in will ‘create access to a wallet’ since they are created on-demand. You could type 1000 different passphrases in and get 1000 different wallets.

what you need to determine is: the address of the wallet you interested in, for example the ETH address, does that match the address you think you had in the past with funds in? Don’t look at the BTC, as this address will change often.

This issue seems to come up again and again, trezor have put loads of documentation on the forum and on their main site about this.

2 Likes

Agreed @doge

Even though I think that you can always ask for trezor to do more, it should be in the interests the user to take care of there investments/funds etc. to learn and learn and keep try to understand all these crypto things more more so they are always on top of how it works.

These are new tech and constantly changing and evolving.

Most people get in this to try and make easy and fast money and they end up losing

2 Likes

Where would you find the address if there are no transactions showing?

Thanks

1 Like

did you buy/swap ETH to the wallet before you lost it?
did you note down the ETH address the wallet.
You must have a record, email or something of the address.
using that you can confirm the wallet address you have now against the wallet address the funds were transferred to.
Also confirm on blockscan that the funds are there on the blockchain.
If your new ETH address doesn’t match, then you are using a different seed and/or wrong passphrase

1 Like

I loaded the coins on the model T from Exodus desktop wallet. Yes, the transactions are recorded in Exodus. I can confirm from etherscan that the transactions went from Exodus to an eth address, so I know the address the coins were sent to. How do I compare the addresses if there’s no transaction history on the model T? I don’t know the eth address on the model T.

Thanks!

1 Like