Model T shows no transactions ever!

I don’t really understand your situation,
but is this what happened:

1. you had ETH on an exodus hot wallet.
  2. you sent this ETH from 1. to the trezor ETH address
  3. you tripled checked the address of the trezor ETH address before sending
  4. when you go into trezor suite the ETH receive address shown there for the wallet does(or does not) match the ETH address you sent to in 2. ?
  5. some other ETH address you have not seen before is shown on the receive in trezor suite?

much more info is needed to understand what went on

1 Like
  1. Yes, not eth but an eth product that would go to an eth address.
  2. Yes
  3. Did not check trezor address but sent a test amount first.
  4. Here is part of the problem. I can’t see any transaction history in trezor because it thinks I haven’t used it yet. Says the main wallet is empty. There is no passphrase for this wallet, which is where I sent the coins. I created one hidden wallet with a passphrase at original setup. The passphrase I have recorded for that hidden wallet gives me access but no coins there either.
  5. Not pertinent, see No. 4

Background: I’m not a total noobie to crypto. Been in since early 2017. I have a model one Trezor I bought in 2018. That one works fine with Trezor suite. I bought the model T 2 years ago so I could cold storage some coins that the model one could not hold.

Since then, the only time I have accessed the model T was to upgrade firmware whenever the previous update was released. I also remember having to re-input my 12 word seed after that upgrade. Everything seemed to be fine then. Fast forward to the recent suite and firmware updates. I plug in my trezor model T and it show no coins, no history in either of the wallets created. I went ahead and did the firmware upgrade.

My pin is valid and opens the mode T. I’ve done the seed phrase check and it passes. There is no passphrase for the main wallet. It acts like a brand new model T that has been setup and no coins added yet.

Help!

1 Like

1st job:
so in the exodus Hot wallet, you sent an ETH token to an ETH address held by the trezor.
on that transaction in exodus you should be able to see what the send to address was.

Confirm that this send to address matches the address held by the trezor.
Also on blockscan check this send to address has the tokens/ETH or whatever shown against it.

1 Like

Yes, this is correct, I can see that address in Exodus and etherscan. I know the address of where the eth was sent. What no one seems to be picking up on, and which is the title of this post is I have no transaction history from the trezor to compare the address.

Is there another method of determining an eth address on the trezor. If so, please enlighten me.

Thank you!

2 Likes

OK so you know which address the coin was sent to… (and it should have been the trezor’s address)
Is the coin still on that address now?

Look at the eth address(es) you have on your trezor hardware wallet in trezor suite and/or metamask.
(use the receive button)
Does the address shown on the trezor hardware wallet match the address you sent the ETH coin to?
If it doesn’t then possible issues could be:

you sent the coin to a random address (not the trezor)
your seed phrase is not the original seed
your passphrase is different now to before

don’t forget your eth wallet can have multiple addresses, this is more obvious in metamask when you connect for the first time, it asks which one(s) you want to use (check that list against your send to address from exodus)

2 Likes

Well, the addresses don’t match. I checked through meta mask the first 30 addresses from the main wallet as well as the hidden wallet. This sucks really really bad!!! Don’t know how this could happen.

I don’t think the eth was sent to a random address because Exodus shows their logo icon next to the transaction when the transaction is with a connected hardware device. All the send transactions for the 4 different coins I sent have the logo. Based on this I would assume the addresses were not random.

I didn’t use a passphrase for the main wallet so that can’t be wrong.

So, how in the Hell can the seed phrase not be the original??? Current seed matches the seed I wrote down during setup and I’ve checked the seed several times now and always says it’s valid. This hurts really bad!

If you have any ideas as to how this could happen or if there is anything I can do, I’d love to here you thoughts!

Thanks doge for you help!
Chris

2 Likes

@daschwc

the addresss that you sent the coins to

where did you get them from?

1 Like

All coins were transferred from Exodus desktop wallet, so transaction history from Exodus shows the address, hash, date etc…

Thanks.

1 Like

ok so did you login into your trezor

click on receive address to get the addresss to deposit the coins to?

1 Like

After I setup mt new trezor model T, I logged into Exodus to transfer some coins. Exodus recognized the new trezor and allowed me to make the transfers. This was Feb of 2022. Yes, I clicked on recieve to get an address to send the coins to. I didn’t write down any addresses because they are recorded in the Exodus transaction history.

1 Like

The the coins and addresses should be in your trezor suite

Run through the same process again and see if the same Wallet addresses come up.

Post a screenshot of how you got the address maybe we can figure this out for you

Try your passphaese on the trezor model one
This is most likely human error as you didn’t check whether your test transaction landed

1 Like

@ffvddfed3 I really appreciate your help.

As opposed to screen shots, let me describe my process (which were suggested in this thread).
I connect the model T to trezor suite. I navigate to eth portfolio, click on Receive and it displays an address. This address does not match the address the eth was sent to. I can see my tokens on etherscan. I have also connected to metamask to see multiple address from the trezor and I looked at up to 30 addresses. None match the address where my tokens are.

BTW as stated in other posts, I’m not using a passphrase on the main wallet and I don’t use one on the model one either. I did check all the transactions when initially transferring coins/tokens. They all added up to the totals I expected.

Don’t know if you are familiar with Exodus wallet, but when you connect a trezor device, the software detects and sets up a portfolio for that device. When I first discovered my wallet was empty, I plugged it into Exodus. Instead of automatically going to the model T’s already existing portfolio, it created a new one. Indicating that Exodus detected a device it had never seen before. WTF!!!

I’m beginning to think this model T is possessed! It was suggested I check the trezor receive address through metamask since it shows a list of available addresses. After checking the addresses in metamask, I noticed 5 imported accounts just disappeared.

I’ve been racking my brain to try and remember if anything unusual has happened. The seed phrase I wrote down when setting up the model T is still valid. I’ve checked it several times now. I created 1 hidden wallet and the passphrase I recorded gives me access to that wallet . It’s empty as well. No passphrase ever created for main wallet.

It’s almost like a software/hardware glitch or something. It’s just not adding up.

Thanks

1 Like

If you never use a pass phrase

I’m right in thinking you were viewing a standard wallet if this is the case, do you have any other seeds back up anywhere?

What most likely has happened is a past phase has been entered(Try, entering your pen as a pass phrase/or a space)

If you want post up eth address

If you typed in your pin code, it enters the seed in the device. Then you got the receiver address for eth you haven’t reset the device or entered another seed into you model t

The only reason I believe there is a past phrase accidentally been entered is because with the model T it is easy to do

1 Like

The seed in the device will be valid, but its is showing a zero balance

Therefore, there could have been a past phase been used on top of the seed or an incorrect seed is inside the model. T

Think of a seed as a bank account number, your coins have gone to a different bank account
But you keep checking your bank account and wondering why the coins aren’t there

1 Like

Hi @ffvddfed3

You raise a valid point. The only time I have re-entered the seed phrase was after the previous firmware update. And that was only because it asked me to. Actually, I’ve had to re-enter my seed phrase every time I’ve upgraded firmware on both my trezors except this most recent.

Anyway, is it possible that during initial setup I entered a word, or misspelled a word that didn’t match the seed phrase I wrote down? And then when asked to re-enter the seed phrase after upgrade I put the seed phrase as written down? Is that a possibility?

There may be hope after all!

Thanks!

I thought the seed phrase system was such that:
the last word was a checksum to ensure the rest of the phrase was valid.
However, I’m 100% sure on this.

It sounds like the exodus wallet you talk about was not a hot wallet?
which is what you said it was earlier.
It was in fact acting as a cold wallet with the trezor attached ?

you have me confused again.

If the above is true the addresses in exodus and trezor suite would have been the same.
Until possibly the seed was messed with later on…

i have a feeling you sent the ETH (or whatever it was) to some random address…

Hey @doge welcome back!

I have no idea how the seed phrase system works. So you’re saying wrong word or spelling would be caught at setup?

My exodus wallet is the standard desktop version and is indeed a hot wallet. I wouldn’t say it acts as a cold wallet with a trezor connected, but rather the interface that allows the reading of, and transacting with the trezor. Exodus didn’t generate any addresses, only the trezor. And yes, I’m confused as well.

Some kind of seed phrase screw up seems the most likely culprit. As I mentioned, after the previous firmware upgrade completed, the system asked me to input my seed phrase.

From a post above:
“The only reason I believe there is a past phrase accidentally been entered is because with the model T it is easy to do.”

Would you say that this is an accurate statement? Is there any scenario in which the seed could be entered with errors/misspellings and it doesn’t report as such, but just creates a different wallet?

Look, I’m an old guy and the contents of this device is the bulk of my retirement. I have to do whatever is possible to unlock this mystery. So I’m open to more suggestions!

I do appreciate everyone’s help so far!

Chris

1 Like

OK, so your convinced the seed phrase is correct and there aren’t multiple seed phrases floating around?

the PIN on the trezor you use…
is it possible you accidentally used that as a passphrase?

1 Like

Hey @doge

Question?: Is this a plausible scenario?

What if I wrote down a word incorrectly after setup. I load my new model T with coins. Some time later I plug it in to update the firmware. After completion it asks me to input my seed phrase and I enter what I have written down. If mistake was made writing down seed and I input what’s written down, Have I changed the seed phrase, or would the trezor tell me it is an invalid seed?

If in fact it changes the seed than mystery solved. I would have to figure out the error and maybe recover my funds.

BTW there is no passphrase on the main wallet.

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

I thought if there were issues with the seed it would not be accepted when re-inputted due to the checksum. Although I’m sure that isn’t completely foolproof.

If the address on the trezor your expecting isn’t shown then:
If you have never used a passphrase, or never accidentally used the PIN as the passphrase, then the problem must be wrong seed.

That’s my conclusion. Someone else might have other ideas.

i do think checking the seed occasionally is a worthwhile exercise just to be sure everything is as expected. I also think the shamir backup system is also worth considering, as it can be setup so not all pieces are needed to make it work, if some piece are lost or incorrect in someway, then the other pieces of the shamir would hopefully get you ‘over the line’ . Having said that there is still a passphrase which can cause mistakes etc.

1 Like