Install Trezor Suite on another laptop and open the Trezor one wallet already initialized on previous laptop

I had been using my Trezor One with the Trezor Suite Desktop app on a laptop that broke
If I install Trezor Suite Desktop on another laptop, when I connect the wallet, will the balance be seen directly or do I have to recover the wallet? Which are the steps one-by-one I need to follow? Is there any tutorial to help me? Thank´s a lot, guys

Hello Mario,

When you connect your Trezor to another laptop with Trezor Suite, the standard wallet contained in the device will be visible directly. The public keys are shared upon connecting, and the blockchains are scanned to find your balance. Trezor Suite will automatically detect all your accounts with a balance, if the cryptocurrencies are activated in Trezor Suite. If there is no account with a balance for an activated cryptocurrency, Trezor Suite will show an empty account.

Simply install and open Trezor Suite on the new laptop, plug in your Trezor device, and enter your PIN to unlock it.

Let us know if you find your accounts on the new laptop without any issues; we’re here to help!

1 Like

Hello Lucien. Very thankful!

I apologize for not responding but I was outside, away from the wallet. I am only now going to access it after 3 years, that was my last firmware update
I understood your instructions perfectly.

Before doing so, allow me a few more questions:

1. Now I have to download and install the latest and most recent version of TS on the desktop (v24.2.4)
  2. When I connect and unlock my TZR ONE wallet, will I be able to see my balance before updating the firmware?
  3. Before updating the FW, is it necessary for security (and if it is feasible) that I send my coins to another non-Trezor wallet and then update and if everything is fine, send me the coins again?
  4. Although I had already made the backup and its check gave me OK, should I do it again before updating the FW?

In advance, Lucien, thank you very much for your attention and wise advice. I’ll leave a comment here on what turns out.