I updated firmware and my funds were transfered to trenzor suite

Hi,

I restored exodus on a laptop and then updated the firmware on my trezor wallet where I had btc. It would not pair with exodus on my laptop so i went to trezor suite web app. I tried to restore there and it seems my btc were transfered to a wallet here and no longer showing up on my trezor. I have contacted exodus at support and they believe i was hacked. But I never entered my seed in trezor suite since i was doing it wrong. I only figured it out after a while since i was selecting the drop down box text instead of my actual seeds i had written down. My btc funds seem to have been transfered to a trezor suite btc address which I have. Can someone please assist me in recovering these funds. I can send screen shots and i can provide the address of where the funds were sent at exactly same time i was upgrading firmware. Exodus support are telling my my funds might be lost but i am sure i did not provide my seed to anyone only to trezor suite and i was doing it wrong. I don’t know how it would have sent to a trezor address. If someone from support can reach to me I would appreciate it to try and recover my funds. I know there must be a seed store somewhere to recover.

@ivias welcome to the forum

You have a lot going on your questions, lets see if I can help,

If your seed wasn’t compromised than no need to worry the funds are still there you’re just not able to see them.

When you restore seed/recovery words on a different interface/wallet you gain access to the funds on that new wallet (there is no transfer occurring on this operation).

So if you connect your trezor and sync it with trezor suite it discovers the funds associated with the seed/recovery words in that trezor. If you haven’t eliminated the exodus wallet you’re able to see the funds in both interfaces/wallet.

Can see in details of this specific movement? Do you have an TX id for this transfer?

Can you please try to be more specific, describe a little better the situation?

From what I understood:

You restored seed/recovery words on a laptop on an exodus interface. Was this connected to trezor?

You had btc on seed/recovery words on a trezor device?
You tried to restore the device because it was not syncing with exodus on the suite web app?

Hope you don’t have your seed/recovery words on your computer…

Hi thanks for your response. I already did a restore from trezor desktop app on my trezor with the seed and no funds are there.

Look at the transaction id:
163b4b3fa6bcfa64d5031fb4b3703aa299b27ac53b8c50a6409bc513c5e0c8ef

From my trezor to supposedly trezor suite btc address:

This is from trezor suite see how it shows in red funds transfered to another wallet…

After i restore on exodus not showing funds. I believe i did it twice and nothing just 0

This shows the transaction id.

Are my funds safe in trezor suite? Can they be recovered?

@ivias

Here are all the details from that TX

The funds where moved to this address

bc1q6805kar0u6rp3t4w7emydz9qykagxaxyvzwn0x

Maybe just a little longer for comunnity support response

1 Like

YEs and that seems to be a trezor suite address.

So you see your coins in Trezor Suite?

It does not matter where you look at your coins, if it is Suite or Exodus, it is the same wallet.

1 Like

i see 2 wallets in trezor suite default accounts and legacy segwit account. I dont see any coins in the wallet, There is OBTC. On the Legacy Segwit Accounts It says it sent BTC to that address posted here. But i did not send any BTC anywhere.

When i click on wallets there are 2 wallets one says disconnected and has 2 accounts that have $0.00 and there is a second connect device which i believe was made after i factory reset.

there are basically 2 scenarios of what could have happened:

1. Either some 3rd person used your Trezor physically for confirming the transaction

2. Your private keys (represented by your recovery seed) were compromised and the attacker used them to sign the transaction. This is possible since you can recover your wallet including your private keys by performing a recovery with a compatible wallet.

1 Like

I am the only one that use the wallet. I did try to do a recovery in trenzor suite and it seems to have gotten corrupted.

1. Is the btc address a trezor suite address?
  2. can they find it in their system and revert the transaction or transfer back?
  3. I don’t think i was compromised. All i did was install firmware and then tried to restore via trenzor suite with the 24 word seed when it seems to have failed then it would not connect to exodus telling me a website or program is in session and it could not pair with it anymore. It kept failing.

I am the only one that use the wallet. I did try to do a recovery in trenzor suite and it seems to have gotten corrupted.

1. Is the btc address a trezor suite address?
  2. can they find it in their system and revert the transaction or transfer back?
  3. I don’t think i was compromised. All i did was install firmware and then tried to restore via trenzor suite with the 24 word seed when it seems to have failed then it would not connect to exodus telling me a website or program is in session and it could not pair with it anymore. It kept failing.
    Also my other accounts in exodus still have my crytpo when i restore on the same machine.
  1. It is not possible to say (unless it is other account in Trezor Suite)

2. It is not possible to revert transactions

3. First, go to settings in Suite, App, Reset app.

Then what about those other accounts? Do you see them in Suite?

1. I mean if it is stored in trezor suite web then they can send me back since i believe i can prove the funds were sent without my knowledge.

If i reset app does it make a difference? I have done it a couple times with my seed but it says $0.00. I believe they were restored in trezor suite in some btc address since the funds have not moved and the wallet was created at the same time i was doing the restoraton etc. I havent heard from anyone in Trezor even though i created a ticket some hours ago.

The other accouns i see in suite but they have $0.00.

Nothing is stored in Suite, you are looking at the outgoing transaction from your own wallet, your money is gone to that address.

Resetting will fix the two wallets issue, you said you see other accounts ok in Exodus,

Its gone to that address. Can it still be in my trezor?

click + button in the accounts/upper left and add native segwit account, it it is not there then your keys have been compromised.

I have tried what you say and all have zero balance. All my savings gone. I can believe this happened. I am devastated. How can Trezor be compromised like that? I really hope this can be investigated by the company. Its a bad experience to loose crypto just like that. How comes i never lost the other crytpo in my exodus main account wallet when I restored. Its just the one in the Trezor transfered without my knowledge and instantly. Never thought I would get this from a hardware wallet.

Your Exodus paired with Trezro and Trezor Suite are the SAME wallet, you are just using different interface.

I do not understand what you mean by restoring main account in Exodus, you restored with what? Trezor Seed? If yes then you would see the same transaction.

Your Main exodus account is different then your Trezor account in Exodus.

Its all confusing. I tried to restore via trezor . io / start I don’t recall if i did manage to input my 24 seed because i was doing it wrong. Somehow I only figure it out hours later and thats when i noticed that right around the time i was upgrading the firmware is when I the transaction was sent to that address. If i recall i did it wrong and only entered 12 words instead of 24 and it was wrong since i was picking and counting down words from the drop down list instead of reading from the seed order i have written down. Anyhow seems my funds are gone now. I did submit a ticket via the chat here but so far no one has anwered. Exodus team is helping me investigate and I have provided them with malware scan which didnt find anything on laptop and they asked me what i have done. I would really like if someone can remote to my pc and guide me but the hard fact is funds are gone to another btc address which i have no control of.

I just saw a post that has the same thing that happend to me

https://forum.trezor.io/t/zero-balance-after-firmware-update/6671

this is how you recover 24 words on model one (Only via Suite or web version of Suite, or Exodus itself), if you did anything else you have visited phishing site.
Yes, there are some decoy words that you select from the list but otherwise Trezor tells you which word to write down (like write 2nd word, write 13th etc.)

You surely were’t just picking random stuff, it does not work like that you would not recover the wallet.

Also, installing FW is the first step not the last.