Please, make sure to check the following:
- After successful installation of Trezor Bridge, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task monitor. If you cannot see the process running in the background, please try to reinstall it again, from this source Trezor Wallet
Use supported browsers only. Either Chrome or Firefox, also try both in Incognito/privacy mode as well.
- Clear you browsers cache.
- Not only using a VPN, but also certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), may cause connectivity issues, therefore please try to disable them as well.
- On top of that, use only one application/website/browser tab with Trezor at a time. It is possible that they are clashing each other.
From Firmware Changelog: 1.10.3 for Model 1
- Added: Re-enabled Firo support #1767
- Changed: Emulator properly waits for IO without busy loop #1743
- Removed: Lisk support #1765
- Fixed: Add new rpId to Binance’s FIDO definition. #1705
First, let’s see if we can troubleshoot your issue.
Second, you don’t have to be worried about your funds as long as you have your seed and passphrase (if enabled and used).
If your Trezor device is lost, not working etc. (or SatoshiLabs shuts down a business), you can recover your wallet easily by using any compatible app, or any other hw wallet following BIP-39. See some compatible third-party apps Apps - Trezor Wiki. This process can be reproduced with the same result at any time, even offline. You can simply recover your wallet by using your recovery seed (and passphrase) with any other compatible hardware wallet / app when it’s needed.