Exchanged BTC for SOL on Trezor Suite and cannot see SOL balance

Hi
earlier today I exchanged an amount of bitcoin for solana, and I did this entirely using the Trezor suite software on my computer. In the process, Trezor suite prompted me to set up a solana account, which i did. I was prompted for the address to which i needed to send BTC and then put this during the relevant part of the process. However, some several hours later, and the Solana is not showing in that account. The whole process was done entirely through prompts within Trezor suite, so i wasn’t copying and pasting addresses from elsewhere. I’m not sure what has happened. It was a not insignificant amount.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
thanks, J

Hi @Northernsoul65,

I would like to put your mind at ease, the processing time of the trade can take hours or even a few days before the trade is successfully completed. The time it takes differs for the used partner and is affected by their internal processes.

I noticed you opened a ticket with our official support. Please wait for the answer from one of our agents, we will need you to provide further information (which is not ideal to share publicly here on the forum)

ok thanks very much. I’ve already shred some further screen shots and information back in the email chain with support, so hopefully i’ll be getting some help soon

Hi
earlier today I exchanged an amount of bitcoin for solana, and I did this entirely using the Trezor suite software on my computer. In the process, Trezor suite prompted me to set up a solana account, which i did. I was prompted for the address to which i needed to send BTC and then put this during the relevant part of the process. However, some several hours later, and the Solana is not showing in that account. The whole process was done entirely through prompts within Trezor suite, so i wasn’t copying and pasting addresses from elsewhere. I’m not sure what has happened. It was a not insignificant amount.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
thanks, J

I think it’s still processing. It can take up several hours depending on the fees paid for the transaction. Bitcoin is very slow and I don’t know about SOL. Usually you can see a transaction ID or something to look it up on the blockchain. I don’t use SOL so you should ask someone who does that.

My first time buying BTC it was half a day before it was confirmed, but in the meantime I was able to see my transaction on the blockchain being in the queue. Look for something like that

Yes BTC is super slooooow
Solana will confirm in about 3-5 seconds once they put the transaction in.

thanks for your replies. I know that BTC can be slow. I paid a decent fee so it should have gone through, certainly within hours. We are now talking 3 days so I’m afraid it seems to ‘missing’ and it’s not just to do with the speed of the network or blockchain issue. I do fear it’s something else. but haven’t got a clue what!!

it was mined 3 days ago and showing over 450 confirmations. Sent an email to Trezor support but no response as yet

That’s strange. 3 days is indeed too much especially if you used a high fee. And if those confirmations are true than something else went wrong.

Did you also activate the coin in Trezor Suite? Did you log out of the app and restarted it again?
Could you describe how you did the purchase and what you did step by step?

Yes it is strange, I’m really not sure what has happened. In hindsight I wish I had transferred BTC to the exchange I use, and simply use that instead of trying to do an exchange directly through the Trezor suite app.
You may have seen in the thread that someone from the community support has responded and said that sometimes trades can even take days, depending on the third party used. I have put a support ticket in so hopefully I’ll get some answers in due course.
The coin is indeed activated on Trezor suite, and I have restarted the app and make sure everything is up-to-date, including an update to the firmware on my model T this morning, but still no SOL showing.
As I mentioned in the original post, everything I did in terms of the exchange was done directly in the Trezor suite app, and there was no reference or use of anything external such as another exchange, or getting an address from elsewhere. I’m fingers crossed that it’s somewhere in the ether with a third party exchange (presumably this is what Trezor partner with in their app as they are not an exchange themselves), and that the SOL will magically appear in my account shortly!

I bought multiple coins in Trezor and never had a problem. Something happened here and maybe nothing is lost and it’s just a display problem. Did you also contact Trezor support? See: https://trezor.io/support

Edit: Never mind, you already contacted support. At this point it’s better to wait. My experience with buying coins through Trezor is that it takes around 1 day or so depending on the broker you bought from. First time will always take a long time and I’m lucky that a huge major Dutch broker is on the list which I use often and even verified my KYC to raise limits. I use btcdirect.eu and they are very fast especially after KYC and added it to your Trezor. Find a broker and stick with the same one. That’s my advise. If you use different brokers all the time then they need to verify you first and do mandatory KYC, maybe that’s why it takes a long time. I remembered that it took 2 or 3 days my first time.

yes i’ve been in touch with them and opened a support ticket.
If I managed to get it sorted, I’ll update on this post just in case anyone has the same concern or issue going forward
thanks for your responses and concern

@Northernsoul65 I have edited my post. KYC process could also take some time. My advise is to stick with 1 broker. Some brokers charge higher fees, but they are worth it because they could be faster. May I recommend you btcdirect.eu? You can also use them outside Trezor and/or connect them to your Trezor device and do the transaction inside Trezor. Which I do most of the times. I have even used them to buy Tether on another exchange. This broker charges a bit higher fees than others, but they guarantee that you get your crypto or otherwise they reverse the transaction.

Please send us a trade ID to the ticket email and the provider you have used, you should also contact the provider directly to speed up the process, Trezor does not facilitate transfers.

thanks Remzi, that’s really very helpful, and reassuring

1 Like

Apologies, I don’t know how to find the trade ID, or locate the provider that I used. I’d be happy to contact them directly but not sure how I locate that information.
At this stage, it may be best if I wait for the support ticket to be answered

Most brokers sent you an e-mail and in the Trezor Suite you might even find unconfirmed transactions. See an example how to find TX ID for a Bitcoin transaction below:

Many thanks. I have managed to find the TX ID, but following that, I’m not sure how I then locate or make contact with the broker. I didn’t receive any email about the transaction

Most brokers also sent you a confirmation of the purchase to your e-mail, like BTC Direct, see below for an example:

Mine is in Dutch, because this broker is in Dutch, but they also support English and worldwide transactions as long as you can do KYC.

You could also go to the website of the broker and check online how to contact their support.

Click Trade and you will see all your trade history at the bottom including IDs and providers.

1 Like