Exchanged BTC for SOL on Trezor Suite and cannot see SOL balance

ok thanks. I found that it’s Changelly and the exchange seems to be showing as still in process. I’ve clicked on the support link so will submit a ticket them. That’s really helpful thanks

1 Like

ok, looks like i’ve found out what happened. Here’s the response from Chgangelly:

Thank you for the hash provided.

All Changelly fixed-rate addresses are non-reusable by our Terms of Use, so for future exchanges please make sure to create a new transaction when you’ve already used the address once with your first attempt of transfer and avoid re-sending funds to the same address (for example, the Replace-by-Fee option, it should not be used). This way you’ll be provided with a new address and can send the coin to us again.

Now, in your case, we can still process your transaction manually at the fixed rate you confirmed when creating the transaction, so we will only need you to re-confirm your Destination Address in reply to this message . Such cases involve several departments not only on our end but at the Exchange as well so can be processed throughout 2-3 business days. We will have to ask for your patience during that time.

So, is your issue solved now? It seems to me they are helping you now and that you don’t need our help anymore.

Seems to be that everything has worked out in the end. If you do a transaction and somethings goes wrong, always do a new transaction and never continue with a interrupted transaction. As they have explained. This might be the same with all the brokers. Just cancel everything and do a new transaction in the future.

1 Like

@Northernsoul65 I just discovered that BTCDirect is cheaper than Changelly somehow. Changelly claims that they only have a 0,25% fee and BTCDirect fees are the following:
Screenshot 2024-03-14 222234

I compared them at the same time with an arbitrary amount of €100,- just to compare them.

Changelly:

BTCDirect:

That’s more than €4,- Euro, the difference is huge! You’re paying too much with Changelly.
My advise is to check with an arbitrary amount of 100 in your own currency and check a few brokers and/or exchanges out, because the difference can be insane especially if you DCA or start to save a lot as savings.

I also don’t understand the huge price difference with Changelly and BTCDirect. Maybe they use third party or something.

Edit:

I now understand the price difference, with Changelly there are 3 parties involved:
From Changelly → Banxa → Visa or Mastercard

With BTCDirect there are only 2 parties involved:
From BTCDirect → Visa or Mastercard.

Banxa is also a B2B broker in its own right.

1 Like

thanks for your advice and help
all sorted, and coins have arrived!

1 Like