Can I “open” an Electrum seed with Trezor Suite?

I have an old BTC wallet that I created in Electrum. The balance is not enough to pay the transfer fee, so Electrum won’t allow me to send from it. Can I enter the Electrum wallet seed in Trezor Suite somewhere, so that I can control these funds from Trezor Suite?

PS: I previously posted this inside the “Seeds” folder, where it got no replies. I suppose that might have been the wrong subforum. I apologize for double-posting, but I don’t think I have the option to move my question…

seeds reside on the trezor devices, the suite is just the robot…

If the funds are on the small side do a transfer at a weekend or bank holiday etc.
I did a small/dust BTC transfer on christmas day and the fees were low.

I think you’ll have to wait for a ‘low fees day’…

1 Like

Wow, I had no idea that was a thing. Thanks!

Do you have a preferred way of checking what the fees are currently at? I did some googling and found some charts, but would appreciate your advice.Thanks again.

As I almost completely avoid BTC and ETH because of the fees, I generally don’t follow them…

However,
if you go to coingecko, right at the top, middle you will see the ETH GWEI gas figure.
This is the current gas fee figure on ETH, so yes doesn’t relate to BTC, BUT it gives a good indication of general blockchain fees and activity. (if ETH fees are high, BTC fees are also likely to be high, etc)

When the GWEI is in single figures, that’s when I look at moving dust about, so I’ll attempt to put a transaction through and most good wallets will try and calculate a reasonable fee based on the blockchain current fees now. If I like the look of the fee, I hit the go button…

1 Like