Bootloader 1.12.1 Issue

I have a Trezor ONE and I did the firmware update to 1.12.1 and now it is stuck in the Bootloader 1.12.1 mode message in the display. What should I do to fix this issue?

Len

Len, did you solve this issue yet? I had the same thing happen.

Hi @lmwgolf and @brownkc,

please, try to factory reset your Trezor device. Information on how to factory reset your Trezor can be found in this article: https://trezor.io/support/a/how-to-reset-your-pin
(the process is the same as if you want to reset your PIN)

Hello, i do not understand why the device gets shucked in bootloader by its self and we are forced to reset it?? It should not be like this at all, we should be able to access by using the PIN. Why do we have to reset and delete everything?

DANGER AREA:
Factory device wipes the device memory, erasing all information including the pin, and seeds. ONLY PERFORM A FACTORY RESET I THERE ARE NO FUNDS STORED ON THE DEVICE!!!

Of course there are funds stored in the device, does it means that my funds will as well be deleted as the pin and the seeds?

This procedure is not clear at all, please clarify it asap.

Thanks

Hi @simone,

Unfortunately, occasionally a problem occurs and it is necessary to “reset” the Trezor to fix the problem. This can happen with electronic devices.

However, if you have your recovery seed backup, this is not a problem at all. After resetting, you can very easily restore your wallet using this backup (just like if your Trezor device was broken/lost/stolen - which can also happen).

The recovery process is described in these articles:
for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/recover-wallet-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/recover-wallet-on-trezor-model-t

Of course there are funds stored in the device, does it means that my funds will as well be deleted as the pin and the seeds?

This procedure is not clear at all, please clarify it asap.

First, I would to mention that it is important to understand that coins are not stored in your Trezor device. Coins are stored on the addresses and these addresses are stored in blockchains. Private keys for these addresses are stored in the Trezor device and only the owner of these private keys can manage coins that are on these addresses.

You can find a detailed description in this post from our official blog: Where in the world are my coins?. Back to Basics | by SatoshiLabs | Trezor Blog

By performing the factory reset PIN, firmware and recovery seed will be deleted. That is why you need to recover all your private keys again by performing the recovery process after the factory reset of your Trezor.

Man thanks for answering, still things are not clear enough here…
The recovery process is understood.

Please list up the step by step simple description of what i have to do, i have model 1.

1. connect my trezor to pc (it shows bootloader 1.12.1) or so…
  2. Do i have to update? It is already green and updated.
    3)Do i have to select FACTORY RESET??? If, so, you wrote that this action will delete the recovery seeds!! How in the world will i be able to get connected again once both my PIN and seeds are erased???`
    4)What about buying a new device, will this allow me to skip this process??

Thanks
Simone

@simone, may I ask you if you have a backup of your recovery seed (24 words)? You were prompted to create this backup when you initialized your Trezor device for the first time.

It’s really important to have your recovery seed words recorded safely since only the recovery seed backup can be used to recover your wallet if your device gets damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen. Please, learn more about the importance of the recovery seed in this article: https://trezor.io/learn/a/how-to-use-a-recovery-seed
and in this blog post: Learn about: Recovery seed. The recovery seed is one of the… | by SatoshiLabs | Trezor Blog

Please, find comments on your point below:

1. Connect the USB cable (already connected to a computer) to your Trezor device while simultaneously holding both buttons:

1. Do not update, perform the factory reset (if you have your recovery seed backup). Information on how to perform factory reset can be found in this article: https://trezor.io/support/a/how-to-reset-your-pin
    (the process is the same as if you want to reset your PIN)

2. As mentioned in the previous post, after the factory reset is done, everything (PIN, firmware, seed) is deleted from your device. Reconnect your Trezor and install the latest firmware again. Then you need to recover your original wallet by performing the recovery process with your recovery seed backup. Recovery process is described in the previous post. After the recovery process is completed, the same set of private keys as before will be stored in your Trezor device.

3. If you buy a new device, you will also need to perform the recovery process to have your original wallet there. Simply put, if you have your recovery seed backup, it is easy to recover your original wallet. If you don’t have your recovery seed backup, your original wallet with all your funds is lost.

Hei and thanks for feedback, yes i have the recovery seeds, i just feel it is very uncomfortable to have to go through this process, it is not my fault as a customer, i did not lose the device or else. You provide a device that somehow is not performing as it should. The fact that i did not use the trezor for a year should not be a reason to have to wipe out the whole wallet and restore it in order to access my funds again…

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, occasionally a problem occurs and it is necessary to “reset” the Trezor to fix the problem. This can happen with electronic devices.