Address unknown trezor metamask ▫

Hi @RMAT_09, as it’s been already said earlier in this thread, you either have a wrong seed in your device (perhaps you’ve recently recovered your wallet with a seed and have used an incorrect one), or you are using a wrong passphrase when accessing wallet. There is nothing else you should focus on - it is either an incorrect seed, or a passphrase (eventually both).
Some users in this thread have already confirmed that the issue was caused by using a wrong passphrase. From our experience that is the most frequent cause of such issue.

1 Like

hi @NIYAK , thank you for your reply. I not recovered my wallet. I also tried with passphrase and without but same. i cannot sent/swap my tokens inside the MM w/ trezor.

i also tried to login in https://www.myetherwallet.com/ but i cannot see my address there. both with passphrase and without.

it hangs after clicking the confirm. note: i tried connecting to trezor with my passphrase and without pphrase but still the same. it hangs then after few minutes, it says unknown address

i was facing same problem then i disscover its because wrong passphare sp i try to find right passphrase then it work i can move fund

1 Like

If you are 100% sure you have the correct seed, you should focus on the passphrase then. If your funds are in a passphrase protected wallet, please try the following:

1. Please check all possible variations for the possible typo (A passphrase’s length can be 50 characters max, it is case-sensitive and all ASCII characters count - even an empty space is a character
  2. Make sure that you have set the correct keyboard layout
  3. When typing the passphrase please click on “Show passphrase” so you can see what you’re actually typing

I am sorry I can’t advise anything more specific.

I’m so happy you were able to find your funds!

But herein lies the main issue for a lot of the problems people are having. Do your research on the technology you are planning to use everyone. Especially when it comes to your finances.
If you don’t understand how it works and you lose your funds because of your ignorance, then it is no one’s fault but yourself. You’re lucky you were able to recover your assets. Be more careful next time and understand what it is you are doing.

Taking out the hidden wallet feature would be removing one of the best features of the Trezor Wallet. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand how it works, it just takes some patience, reading, and doing research.

By the way, I’m not trying to sound condescending, but there was no soft easy way to say this.

Do Your Due Diligence everyone. :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trezor Hardware account linked to Metamask not sending funds to other address/wallet

A post was merged into an existing topic: Matic stuck on Trezor connected to Metamask

I have cleaned my trezor device to change the PIN that was giving me an error when you want to change my metamask funds, I entered my seed phrase and reconfigured a new PIN. Now I have my funds in metamask but when I want to make a transaction, the trezor does not respond, maybe it is necessary to do another step to re-link the metamask trezor account with the device, can you help me please?

1 Like

hi i have same problem when i update firm ware 1.10.5 i can’t find my wallet in metamask and i did’t open passphrase at all can you help pls :cry:

1 Like

hi @eekkung

If you haven’t used passphrase before, simply leave it blank.

If you enter an empty passphrase (no passphrase at all), the device will proceed exactly as if the passphrase feature had not been activated at all, and generate a wallet from your recovery seed stored on the device.

I have the same problem. It didnt ask for open passphrase and now I am stuck… Any solution much appreciated.

@zapla I have the same problem as @eekkung

First initially, on connecting the trezor to meta mask it didnt show up the passphrase dialog, it opened directly an address to choose. I transfered the funds and reconnected my trezor it shows a passphrase popup. If I leave or give the password. It doesnt show up the address which it showed for the first time where I have transfered my funds.

1 Like

This is obviously one of Trezor’s lazy, cookie-cutter replies. How can you deny the problem by saying “there is no such technical issue”? There are plenty of others encountering the exact same issue, me included just last week, unresolved until now.

The solutions you are suggesting are complete BS, Trezor! Metamask, MEW, all connect to Trezor. In my case, I used the correct recovery phrase, otherwise how would I even see the wallet balances? The old addresses were generated again, nothing was lost. The problem is, I cannot send out tokens to pay and it always returns a “Error: unknown address” message. Pls don’t reply if all you’re going to do is deny people’s problems

@594dilettantegeek you understand difference between recovery seed phrase and passphrase, right? because it is important

There are multiple people across this forum and in this thread who solved their issue…

If you want 2nd opinion feel free to read this on MM forum:

1 Like

Of course I know the difference. Without the seed phrase, I would not have been able to transition my wallets to my new laptop. Passphrase is also needed when I am transacting because Trezor pops up asking me for it.

Now about the original comment of the question asker, which Trezor Support replied to by saying the technical issue does not exist. If it does not exist, then what do you call the error message popping up on Trezor users everywhere?

it is the error telling you there is a difference between the address you are sending from and the address you are connected to (passphrase)

No, it simply says “Error: Unknown address”

WHich is silly, because it’s a staking platform, and I’m adding funds into it. Of course the platform will only recognize the wallet that originally deposited funds into it. So why can’t the payment push through? And it’s not a network congestion problem. I tried on 2 different staking platforms (BNB and Avalanche) and it’s the same error message. So the problem is on my end, not the platforms

you asked what the error means, I explained it.

that is correct, the wrong address you are connected to

Which I’m telling you repeatedly, is NOT the case. If I were connected to the wrong address, how can the staking platform show the correct balance? It matches my own paper records, which I update 2x a week. If I were connected to the wrong address, definitely the staking platform would show zero balances because they don’t have that address on record