Address unknown trezor metamask ▫

I have had that problem, I added a password and I did not realize … it turned out to be the pin (numbers)

1 Like

I also had this problem before when trying to send funds out of metamask trezor hardware wallet. It would show error hardware. The only solution is you have to put in the right passphrase twice and your funds will send without a hitch! thank you @pavel and @Petosiris !!

1 Like

Have you tried using another compatible third-party app https://wiki.trezor.io/Apps?

Hello again, I have trouble-shooted this problem for weeks with no avail.
I tried transfering out of my old hardware wallet on MM into my non HW acct with the same error.
“error error unkown address”, comes up with the CORRECT passphrase entered or not.

When prompted to enter the pass phrase on trezor connect I recieve the same error whether the passphrase is entered correctly or not.

Once MM seed phrase is entered into a brand new laptop, only My non hardware wallet shows up in metamask.
The Original mm hardware wallet was connected to trezor without a passphrase enabled,
So i went into trezor suite and disabled passphrase. Once disabled I went into my browser and
tried to transfer between my MM trezor hw into my non hw account with the same error, “Error Error: Unknown account”

I have gone over the posts, and none of the “Solutions” work.

This was NOT a problem BEFORE trezor Suite was installed.
When I make a HW account on my NEW laptop’s browser. It connects to trezor Suite’s
balance instead of my ORIGINAL Hw account on MM BEFORE trezor suite was available.

I was hoping with each upgrade that this would be fixed, but it has only gotten worse, and
the Errors were different each upgrade as well fyi.

Is the Next option to Downgrade my Trezor to version 10.0 when it worked?
Is this foolish ?

1 Like

I tried this and it did not work unfortunately.
ty for the tip though.
The App works just fine, When the hw wallet account in question was created the only program used was Metamask and the trezor device. It is as if the hw account has been disconnected in order to use the apps wallet (Trezor Suite) instead.

I’d advice you to make a step-by-step log with screenshots and post it here, so we can see exactly what you do. Show what you’re clicking on, fields you’re copying/pasting, and add remarks where needed. Also, include screenshots of your device settings in Trezor. Something like this (grey out any sensitive data, like I did in that example).

The example in the link has nothing to do with your issue, it’s just to show how you can make a visual log. I know it’s a bit of work and takes time to put together, but at this point I can’t see any alternative. It’s hard to see from here what you’re seeing on your screen.

1 Like

Question: Has anyone encountered an issue with swap in Pancakeswap via Metamask connected with Trezor? This issue occurred after updating Trezor firmware.

1. Swap failed in Pancake says “Swap failed: Error: Error: Unknown address” whether increase fee to 5 or 6%. I noticed that the first time it didn’t pass. When I try again, it seems like there will be an error waiting for a moment. Then Swap fails.
  2. Can’t Withdraw from Metamask+Trezor.
  3. Tried swap in Metamask+Trezor and failed.
  4. I tried transferring money from Binance to Metamask (without Trezor) and then tried transferring to Metamask =+Trezor. It turns out that the money came in normally.
  5. I checked the smart contract in beefy and unrekt and tried to revoke every app, it said success but it wasn’t actually revoked. No money was out from my wallet.

Now I suspect it is caused by the new Trezor firmware.
P.S. I checked the transaction myself and the money wasn’t lost, it shouldn’t have been hacked. Today before trying to check for malware on the recommendation of this group, found it and deleted it, but it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Have you figured this out yet?

Heyyy I found out the issue, not sure if it’s metamask or trezor issue, but here is the solution.

Once we connect trezor with some account, it will ask to pair the device and also there is the “Remember Device” option. If you check it out, you can use only one kind of wallet, you cannot switch between hidden and standard wallet anymore until you restart your PC. However if you have more than one kind of wallet, don’t mark that option otherwise you will get the error mentioned. And of course, if you are using the standard wallet, don’t set any passphares when it asks to. The issue is fixed.

Hope you guys have the same luck. Cheers.

3 Likes

Where is this option, could you provide a screen shot please?
So if a Hidden wallet is activated on your trezor (whether you have funds on it or not) you must click “remember device” correct.?

I am very worried about this address since I have no idea how to even recover it if my computer would die.

No, the “Remember device” function is to see your funds in the Trezor Suite wallet without having to load all data from the blockchains. In other words, you can use Trezor Suite offline.

If you created a Hidden wallet, transferred funds to it, and don’t remember your Passphrase for it, then you can lose your funds. If you haven’t created and used a Hidden wallet, there’s no risk of losing your funds so long as yo have your Recovery seed written down and kept safe. To login to your current wallet you’d need to remember your PIN too, of course.

Note that things like seed, passphrase and PIN are different on Trezor and Metamask. Metamask, or any other third party wallet can have its own set of these - totally differrent from what you have on your Trezor.

For example, you can have:

Trezor Recovery seed
Trezor Passphrase
Trezor login PIN

Metamask Recovery seed
Metamask Passphrase
Metamask login PIN

In addition, these terms differ somewhat from time to time, so it’s not uncommon to confuse, say, Passphrase with “password”. Also, when a third party wallet suggest you use your recovery seed to recover your account, they mean the recovery seed for their wallet, not Trezor’s Recovery seed. Therefore, it’s important to understand these different things and what they’re used for.

1 Like

This option is when you click on your device in left up corner in Trezor Suite.
If you don’t use “remember feature” for any of your wallet you can add different wallets and swap among them as well as between hidden and standard wallet:

However once certain wallet is remembered (you toggle the button in some particular wallet):

And if you will reconnect the device only the wallet that has been previously remembered will be accessed. (And as it won’t ask you for your passphrase even if it is a hidden wallet, this wallet might be confused for Standard one).

1 Like

So my “Remember” button has been off, but the problem is the Hardware Account on Metamask. Not trezor Suite. Once i use the MetaMask Seed phrase on a new pc and link the device to the recovered account i am given a new account, with a new address, and no coins. The Original account just receives the “Error Error Unknown Address” error when any coin are attempted to be withdrawn.

@Shmoopy

It actually does not matter what MetaMask seed phrase or host device you use. As long as you use correct Trezor seed phrase and passphrase (if enabled and used) then desired wallet and its accounts/addresses are accessed. You will get the same result also in other 3rd party apps such as MEW.

And “Error Unknown Address” is just a consequence of using wrong combination of Trezor seed phrase and passphrase (if enabled and used) so MetaMask is basically preventing you from spending your funds.
You are probably able to see the account (because it became watch only wallet) without the possibility spending the funds because you are not able to sign the transaction (for the reasons described one paragraph above).

1 Like

I have the same problem. It did ask me for a pass phrase, I remember the pass phrase. But no where is it asking me for my pass phrase or my seed while trying to reconnect. What exactly are the steps you would take in this position. I have read and reread this thread many times and I’m still at a loss on how to send out of Trezor. I can see my wallet within metamask, I can see my tokens. On Trezor suite I see nothing. I just can’t move them, "unknown address " is the only result. I imagine its frustrating dealing w us but it’s quite a bit frustrating working for hours trying to figure something out with no hope in sight and funds inaccessible. Thank you for your time!

2 Likes

Hi @Tubegrazer have you created the address from which you are trying to spend funds in Standard or Hidden (passphrase protected) wallet ?

When I initially connected the wallets I made a pass phrase. I havent been asked for that phrase since. I’m not really sure on the question. I’m kind of new. I use this wallet all the time w Exodus and never had a problem. I figured it was the same…lol

I’m not sure exactly which one I chose. Besides knowing I did make the pass phrase. I can see my crypto do would that mean it’s not a hidden wallet?

I have the SAME EXACT problem. Was an conclusive solution post on this blog?? Many other people seem to have the SAME problem which leads me to believe it is NOT an isolated, rare, instance but rather a common problem. IF it is a common problem why is there not an easy “always works” solution? Can anyone send a concise, accurate solution for ALL of us? OR out of the solutions that are posted which one is the correct one? Thank you,
I have been afraid to try to recover (create a new account) the account at this point after reading how a member of this blog LOST fund following instructions that were given here…Shouldn’t simply recovering the account and/or creating a new wallet fix everything?

Given the number of responses someone at Trezor or myetherwallet should provide a concise step by step answer. I also have an “Old Trezor
(prior to Trezor Suite) to myetherwallet” problem that seems to be the main problem for everyone else. Has anyone made a youtube presentation of a screenshot sequence?? Please let the rest of us know. Thank you,

1 Like