XRP is stuck in Coinbase and is non-tradeable

Good day Forum Members.

Today, I installed Trezor Suite for Trezor T. I previously backed up my Trezor, but lost the seed phrase.
'I removed all but 10 XRP and sent them to Coinbase. But now Coinbase says that back in February they stopped supporting XRP. Now I have a lot of XRP that I cannot get to.(non-tradeable).

I contacted Coinbase and got a tech support person who said the following:

Since Coinbase no longer support that asset, you can import your recovery phrase to non- custodial wallet that currently support it for you to transfer it. Please know that you can still send and receive it on your wallet, however, it is non-tradable on your regular coinbase account, Sparky.

I do not know what to do, and I do not understand what Coinbase is telling me.
I realize that I can not do much now with the Trezor without the seed phrase. But as there is only $5 XRP crypto in the wallet, and I can reset it.

If I do that, is there a way to get the XRP back? And ultimately, I wanted to convert it to USD.
Any help would be fabulous.
Thank You.
sparklematic

1 Like

Yes, you can move your XRPs to another wallet, before setting up your Trezor device with a new Recovery seed. For instance, the Trust wallet.

But as there is only $5 XRP crypto in the wallet, and I can reset it.
If I do that, is there a way to get the XRP back?

No. So long as you don’t have your current Recovery seed, you can’t restore any coins you might have left in it after you set your Trezor up with a new seed.

1 Like