What is account / wallet / address?

Wallet - your whole wallet includes all coins, each coin has its own separate “wallet”, which is a part of the whole general wallet. Click to learn more about wallet

Account - each coin’s “wallet” can have multiple accounts (these are like accounts in your online banking, you can use one for personal use, one for company or any different use case). Click to learn more about accounts.

Address - one given address, it’s good security practice to use fresh receiving address for each incoming transaction due to privacy reasons - Fresh addresses. Click to learn more about addresses.

1 Like

I understand how Trezor distinguishes between wallets, accounts, and addresses. I understand that chain analysis tools can link between different addresses within an account. Different wallets on the same Trezor - created by the 25th word passphrase - can’t be linked by chain analysis tools. My question is: Can separate Trezor accounts of the same wallets be linked by chain analysis tools?

Hi @Bored,

Chain analysis tools can survey transactions between addresses (publicly available data from blockchain). However, they do not know which address belongs to which account. This information can be determined only if you know the XPUBs of the accounts.