VeChain - Trezor T

Hi, I have recently purchased a Trezor T and realised some of my coins are not supported. I would like to know if there is a way to get VeChain on Trezor T using a 3rd party wallet or something?

Hi @F4TF15H

Right now VeChain has two different tokens on two different network: VEN (the ERC20 token called “VeChain” on Ethereum network) and VET (the non-ERC20 coin called “VeChain Thor” with its own network). Please note the same address format is being used (ETH one) also for the mainnet token (so it can be easily mistaken).

To sum it up, only ERC20 token can be used with Trezor device, not the mainnet token running on its own blockchain.

Hi @zapla thank you for getting back to me! I have VeChain (VET). Just to confirm there is noway for me to get VET on my Trezor T. Will it be compatible on the Trezor device in the future?

At the moment, we do not have the capacity to add new coins. Our current product goal is to unite what we support in firmware and in Trezor Suite first.
And unfortunately I can’t give you any ETA regarding VET being supported at the moment.
Thank you for understanding.