Using Revolut to send crypto

hi all, im pretty new, have found using the revolut app its quite easy to load the revolut app with fiat and buy crypto then send it to my trezor address,
my question is, is it safe to do it this way? should i be using a vpn? is it ok to leave my receive wallet adress on the revolut app or should i delete it each time?

1 Like

that should be fine, can’t see an issue.
BUT:
always check that the trezor address saved on the revolut hasn’t been altered before each send you make. (or just remove it each time and re-create it)
Me, I have a very low trust tolerance with these types of things.
Never forget the send is FINAL, if there is a mistake on the address or someone has manipulated it ready for when you make your next send… (game over)

Also always check the address on the trezor, so you know your funds are there and you have seed and passphrase all good etc etc.

You only have to look through the forums here, to find problems with seeds and passphrases and lost funds. I think reading the forums here and seeing people’s problems helps understand where the rest of us could go wrong or get caught out.

1 thing I’ve learnt is moving crypto around etc is COMPLETELY unforgiving.

1 Like

hi, thanks for taking the time to reply. I see what you mean, i keep going over the address many times :smile: i have noticed my receive wallet address in transactions is still on revolut app, i wasnt sure if thats an issue or not? guessing not as its only me receive. ill keep studying. I am considering a second cold wallet to, to spread the risk

1 Like

I would advise you to buy most crypto in the Trezor Suite directly (which finds available brokers), because you pay double transaction fees which is unnecessary. In the Trezor Suite under Buy after entering a amount you want to buy the Suite will find brokers which directly sends the coins to your wallet.

This way you avoid double transaction fees (miner fees or gas - depending of proof of work or proof of stake crypto).

1 Like