Trying to connect my trezor to MetaMask but won’t work need help

Hi, I am looking some help. I am trying to link MetaMask 3rd party wallet to my Trezor but I just get a loading symbol with “looking for trezor” just before the stage were I am meant to give permission to read my public key and then sync. This loading never goes away and other times I try, it opens the pop up window for only a quick second and disappears again back to the same page to click on Trezor/ledger etc and connect. I can’t get passed this point.

I bought a brand new i7 windows laptop, I installed Norton 360 advanced and Norton antitrack. I had to install Google chrome as edge wasn’t compatible and I added Norton safe search to this browser as part of the Norton 360 advanced features. I added MetaMask extension. I downloaded the trezor suite desktop app when I set up the trezor and I enabled tor. I have downloaded all the lastest versions of these.

I have tried disabling tor, disabling vpn, turning off antitrack, and bulk features in the security setup (which I don’t fully understand) but still no luck. I think it must be something to do with my security but can’t work out how to bypass it for this connection? I have also allowed pop-ups in chrome settings and tried chrome incognito mode where the MetaMask extension is also added. Nothing works.

I also had downloaded the trezor bridge was unsure if I needed it because I had the desktop app but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything?

I am using a MetaMask I already had set up. My laptop is running on windows 11 and I ordered trezor wallets directly from trezor.

I open trezor suite and unlock my trezor and open my hidden wallet (don’t know if that step is necessary) before opening MetaMask extension. Advise if I am leaving myself vulnerable.

I’m stuck and I’m unsure what I’m doing wrong I would rather not disable and stop some safety features which would not be the cause of my issue but I don’t know what else it could be but I have disabled many with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Motherof6,

First, please confirm your configuration meets the following points:

• Make sure your Trezor is running the latest firmware and you have the latest version of the MetaMask extension installed.
  • Also, make sure you have the latest version of Trezor Bridge, you should see “trezord” process running in your activity/system/task manager. If you cannot see the process running in the background, please try to reinstall it again. The latest version of Trezor Bridge can be downloaded from this source https://suite.trezor.io/web/bridge/
  • Use supported browsers only. Either Chrome or Firefox (try both and try using Incognito/privacy mode as well).
  • Clear your browser’s cache and make sure they are up to date.
  • Not only using a VPN, but also certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), may cause these issues, therefore please try to disable them as well.
  • On top of that, use only one application/website/browser tab with Trezor at a time. It is possible that they are clashing with each other.
1 Like

Thank you I had tried everything on this list. However I tried Firefox as you stated to try BOTH browsers. I didn’t install Norton safe search in this browser but I did install antitrack. Once I turned off vpn I was able to connect my trezor to MetaMask without adjusting any other security settings. Relief. Thanks. Hopefully this helps someone else. Good luck

1 Like

Is installing anti-track essential for this to work? I have absolutely zero luck in trying to connect my Trezor One to my metamask. It keeps loading and to no avail. Can i have some help on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @enzoz,

I would like to mention that anti-track is not essential. Can you confirm you are using supported browsers (Chrome or Firefox)? If so, please make sure your configuration meets the requirements mentioned in my previous post and make sure to try all the tips mentioned there.