Troubles with Trezor and Brave

Hello and happy holidays to all. I have a Metamask with multiple subaccounts. One of which is locked down with a Trezor. Using the Trezor Suite, I moved some coins over to another subaccount (same wallet) with no problem. However, when I went to swap my coins from a different address and subaccount, my Trezor then interacted and now that subaccount has a Trezor bubble. Why did Trezor do that? Also, when I try to swap from my subaccount, a browser window (not en Suite) pops up asking for permission to export my public keys. I thought this pretty weird as to why it was opening a browser window other than opening en suite. Lastly, the position I moved to my subaccount does not appear in my Trezor Suite although it attached itself to that account. Thanks to everyone for any guidance on the matter.

1 Like

I have one Metamask wallet with many subaccounts. One of the accounts is associated with Trezor. I transferred tokens from my Trezor associated via Trezor Suite to another subaccount in the same wallet. Now, when I am trying to move the tokens from the sent to subaccount, it is associating itself and even labeled the account with Trezor. I am asked to export my public keys, Metamask won’t open for a few minutes. Then, when it does open, it gives me a “Failed Transaction: unknown address” notification. How did Trezor follow my tokens to another address in the same wallet? How can I fix this? Thanks to everyone and any help is greatly appreciated

1 Like

I am having the same problem. I have one Metamask wallet with many subaccounts. One of the accounts is associated with Trezor. I transferred tokens from my Trezor associated via Trezor Suite to another subaccount in the same wallet. Now, when I am trying to move the tokens from the sent to subaccount, it is associating itself and even labeled the account with Trezor. I am asked to export my public keys, Metamask won’t open for a few minutes. Then, when it does open, it gives me a “Failed Transaction: unknown address” notification. How did Trezor follow my tokens to another address in the same wallet? How can I fix this? Thanks to everyone and any help is greatly appreciated.

dear @voltgom1 , I would love to try to help you, but I have absolutely no idea what is your problem. You describing it on three separate occasions with exactly the same words is not helping.

what do you call a wallet? what is a subaccount? what transferred where? some screenshots might help, fuzz out your balances before posting

1 Like

Thanks Matejcik. Any way I could email you? Don’t feel too safe posting anything on this medium.

Hi Matejcik, I have a Metamask wallet. That wallet has many accounts (subaccounts). One of the accounts, is connected and tied to a Trezor. The other accounts (not the Trezor account) have never been associated or had anything to do Trezor. I tried to move/transfer a token to another address from one of my non-Trezor accounts on Metamask. When I did that, it prompted me to approve on Trezor. It continually gives me: Transaction Failed: unknown address. Not sure what to do and Metamask nor Trezor are being much help.

Hi Matejcik, I have a Metamask wallet. That wallet has many accounts (subaccounts). One of the accounts, is connected and tied to a Trezor. The other accounts in the same Metamask wallet (not the Trezor account) have never been associated orhave had anything to do Trezor. I tried to move/transfer a token to another address from one of my non-Trezor accounts on Metamask. When I did that, it prompted me to approve on Trezor. It continually gives me: Transaction Failed: unknown address. Not sure what to do and Metamask nor Trezor are being much help.

Thank you, I think I understand now.

If you are sure that the problematic account is not supposed to be a Trezor account, then it might be some sort of bug in Metamask.

Now, did you back up your Metamask seed phrase? (you are using different seed phrases for Trezor and Metamask, I hope? If you are using the same phrase, that is a huge problem in and of itself.) If not, do that right now.

Then you can try to follow the “Reset wallet” instructions from Metamask website: https://support.metamask.io/hc/en-us/articles/4556918516763-How-to-reset-your-wallet
Note: very carefully read the whole page. Only do this if you are sure that your seed is backed up. Maybe make a backup of Metamask settings too. And write down all the addresses so that you can look them up later if needed.
Your Trezor accounts will be removed from MM and you would need to add them later manually.

…of course, the most typical problem here would be that the account actually does belong to Trezor, but you are not using the right passphrase. If you have multiple Trezor accounts added, Metamask has some trouble when switching passphrases too so this might get complicated. Basically the most reliable thing you can do is something like:

1. remove all Trezor accounts
  2. close and reopen the browser
  3. add a Trezor account, try Standard wallet
  4. see if any of the addresses is the one you are looking for
  5. if not, do not add the account
  6. close and reopen the browser again
  7. add a Trezor account, try Hidden wallet
  8. try a passphrase that you might have used
  9. go to step 4
1 Like

Thank you, will give it a go!