Trezor trying to scam me?

@forgi
Will the passphrase be translated into different codes under different firmwares because of the different languages used?

It’s 1 in 256 for a 24-word seed, or even 1 in 8 for a 12-word seed, so it can happen pretty easily.

No.
We have a solid set of automated tests that make sure that there are no differences between how passphrase is treated between versions.

This way I can rest assured that I don’t need to worry about the assets of my hidden wallet.

Look I am waiting for a new trezor device, I ordered second one. By e-mail by your support I was already told that it would’t work, but I still have hope! I am alos told that I should have done Dry-run recovery, you tell me what I should have done, after what’s already done. MY BIGGEST MISTAKE, TRUSTING USELESS DEVICE AND I SHOLDN’T HAD EVER EVER HAD TRUSTED TREZOR!!! THAT"S MY BIGGEST MISTAKE.
Back to dry-run, for example I had installed a new trezor with 24 seeds, it won’t let me in to THE WALLET if I DON’T REPEAT THEM (24 words) IN DIFFERENT ORDER. Am I a robot to remmber them? NO, I SHOULD RIGHT THEM DOWN 1 Winter 2 Summer and etc!!! USED 3 YEARS TO HEAR THIS LIES HOW I SHOULD HAD DONE?! MAKING FOOL OF ME?

I don’t understand what are you sayin here…are you saying you did not record your seed? not at all?

I the post before you said you recorded your addresses (that is not necessary)

I feel like I am talking to a bot. No support, I written down an example
NOW WHAT I HAVE
I have recovered my 24 seed and I entered my wallet. Since I have 25 passphrase, I have it written down, but it keeps creating a new wallet?! My passphrase is 100% correct as I used it to confirm my transactions for 3 years!!! Last transaction 12th of May 2021
PS I alsways explained to my wife, that if something happens to me, she can always recover our trezor wallet and there is bitcoin on it, no matter what. With 24 seed phrase recovery and my 25th passphrase all written down on a given card with trezor, but it appears to be all bullshit. As I have updated and it erased everything from trezor, re-installed my trezor device and it keeps on creating a new wallet? WHO IS FAULT IS THAT?!
Now asking for support and support instead of trying to help and search for ways, all they say I should have done that and that and that, blaming me of forgetting something blaming me on everything! On ME!? I am left by myself, there is no one to stand up for me. All I need is what I own, justice and the truth out of my situation.

1 Like

@Artur check your seed in the Settings, Device, check backup. What is the message you get?

Look at the list of words and check if you haven’t made a mistake in writing down the seed:

1 Like

I am not trying to fool you. There is no point in doing it. I do understand you are in a very difficult situation and I only try to help you to find a solution. As we mentioned, if you are 100% sure your seed and passphrase is correct (and you don’t trust Trezor), try to recover your seed and passphrase with any other wallet. If they are really correct, you will access your funds.

2 Likes

When I bought Trezor in 2019 and I didn’t know what to write and what I should. I written by mistake my XPUB (shown on a photo), I didn’t know I don’t had to do that, that’s why I crossed. Well, it matches with recovering my 24 seed words today (there is no transactions made), as I made my 25 passphraze another wallet). But now typing in my passphraze it creates a new wallet!!! What so difficult to understand? If my passphraze is the one that I used to confirm my transactions, how is it not correct now?! How did I use Trezor for 3 years? And yes, I have updated before without any problem. I never expected, what I am having now. If I knew everything I wouldn’t be in this situation, but this is not my fault!!! The blame is on you Trezor!!! I am not a robot knowing everything and after this had happened I know a lot more, I wish I could before! You have missleded me and brought to delusion, as after 3 years with you I was relaxed and never thought this could happen

Your wallet’s seeds are not used for normal accessing and operations of the wallet, they are used only to recover it. So unless you had a wallet failure of some sort prior to this one, you would never have used the original seed words for anything and would not have the knowledge that maybe they were copied incorrectly. You would only have used the wallet’s passphrase for normal use of the wallet. There is most likely also a PIN and perhaps you’re entering a passphrase when you should be entering a PIN or vice versa?

I’m just tossing out ideas to try and help you and not accusing you of anything and neither is anyone else… I know when something really dramatic like this happens to me, it’s easy to miss things right in front of my eyes that I might swear were fine. It’s only when I calm down that I wind up finding the solution.

4 Likes

@Artur as Simeon as in the post above said, yes, you have been using Trezor for 3 years confirming transactions by pressing a button and possibly your passphrase.

But you have never actually used your seed words in full and therefore did not realize it was wrong. (in Trezor it was correct all the time). And from what you said, you have never checked it.

Also, all the coins are still at the addresses as you can see on the blockchain, so there is no scam.

I am afraid we cannot help any further.

Oh my GOD. I cannot believe this
When you create a new wallet, what do you have to do with Trezor? When I had created MEW, Trust wallet, ledger and etc I was given seeds to recover!
I was given 24 seeds to recover Trezor, which I wrote on the blanket what for? Then to confirm a new Trezor wallet I had to confirm these seeds in different order, WHAT FOR? Basically you answered all of my questions and I am now 100% sure that TREZOR IS A SCAM.

@Artur that’s how recovery works

@forgi
What he meant was that in the process of “confirm these seeds in different order”, the correctness of the seeds has been confirmed.

1 Like

Exactly, I am so shocked. Are they doing it on purpose to drive me mad?
I also had attached a photo, where XPUB that was written by accident matches

@Artur

the ypub that you recorded 3 years ago, shows that those addresses never received or send anything (I also checked in Electrum):

https://btc1.trezor.io/xpub/ypub6XHAbPAE6CYmGsjvmNoN8Fmpum3rgNwyyBgTgXctxhNeDDLb5zcYpcEmGaRF1S3viX5LTyFqsU5XKrrtiUhn1PWZENX42PdosZURj9qLZrW?tokens=derived

The address that you mentioned in your very first post, still has BTC in it and is not part of that ypub :
https://btc1.trezor.io/address/35Ekftw9WBPNj5qeLzKkRNYYUh5cnSmajK

Never shown, because I then activated passphraze. Honestly thIs support is awful

@forgi
the ypub that he recorded 3 years ago ,shows he seed is right ,so there is no wrong seed matter.

1 Like

so that is your standard wallet without transactions, then you activated passphrase and now you are not entering correct passphrase. Your standard wallet and passphrase wallet have different xpub (which you did not provide)

You can check your passphrase wallet xpub here at anytime: Trezor Bitcoin Explorer

Anyway, you mentioned you ordered another Trezor, so try to recover there…

@forgi
the picture shows 3 years age his ypub are the same to the ypub now.
so he restore his standard wallet right

1 Like