Trezor Suite Linux Proxy variables ▫

Hi,

i run some linux machines with the trezor suite and just wonder how can i pass the proxy variables. So that the suite is using proxy.pac file or a socks4/5 proxy.

Can you please give me a hint ?

many thanks

Hi @smogmaster

I’m afraid Suite cannot do that. Possibly, you could use Suite web version and do that inside Firefox/Chrome.

Hi Pavel,

thanks for your answer i expected this, it seems all this desktop apps have this issue.
Lack of proxy support makes a lot of this applications useless at secure networks.
Maybe you can add this feature to your software in the future.

cheers

Thanks for your suggestion and for sharing your thoughts. Really appreciated.

Hi @smogmaster

It hasn’t been tested but there could be a workaround for this if you are interested;

Hi Pavel,

i am aware of the proxy variables. I tried them but it seem the application does it not use. Because this appImages are a kind of jail / chroot system you can normally tell it if you allow the environment. What i am courious is there a source code version around ? so that i can install it normally not to use this AppImage things ? Like just normal linux applications ./configure / make / make install ?

cheers

Hi, I see. Suite is available on Github, see more if you like https://github.com/trezor/trezor-suite.