Trezor integration / Ronin Wallet / Axie Infinity

Then you’ve simply mirrored these two wallets and compromized your cold storage device in the process.

Yes, not surpricing. You need to understand how Trezor works, especially Recovery seed and Passphrase. There’s also an article about Issues with Ronin you may want to read.

Then there’s this forum thread, which holds a lot of information.

yeah I’ve red a lot of those articles where it says I can recover the lost wallet address, but to no avail, I think this has to do with the firmware? or I don’t know why won’t trezor help their device users? no support at all

Have you opened a Support ticket? If so, please post the Ticket ID here.

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered, the same wallet (with the same set of addresses) is accessed. There is no exception, public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

The information on how to connect Trezor with Ronin can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/ronin-and-trezor

If you cannot see desired addresses in the step “Select an Account to Import”, then you either have a different recovery seed stored in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase. If you checked that recovery seed stored in your Trezor is correct, then you use a different passphrase (than you entered when you originally generated the addresses with your funds)

Hello, i have a Problem with wallet ronin, first work, now noto work, i have insert the trezor in rabby wallet and have replace my trezor address avere i have old address ronin, i noto have set the passphrase in the old wallet, why when Connecticut the wallet fine new address previous connected to rabby, how restore this Problem?

Hi,

I need your help guys, after I update my Trezor since I didn’t open it for quite some time it requires me to update, but after updating I notice I can’t access my ronin wallet anymore, then i notice that the number of address for trezor becomes 1k but out of that 1k I can’t find my ronin wallet address. I think after update the ronin wallet saved on trezor was erased and replace with new set of 1000 instead of it’s original 50.

Your expert opinion is much needed.

1 Like

Hi @tonskie,

you see different addresses because you are in a different wallet. Either you have a different recovery seed stored in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase (or both).

You can check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup. You can find instructions on how to perform this check here:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t

In case recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way how to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.

Hi @radekP

Thank you for your response, but my case is like before the update of Trezor the maximum ronin wallet is just 50, then after the upgrade/update it becomes 1k wallet but the existing ronin wallet is no longer can be found.

1 Like

Did you check your recovery seed as mentioned in the previous post? If so and the recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.

If you did not use a passphrase before, make sure to leave the field for passphrase absolutely empty when exporting the public keys:

After running new update today (10/30/23) and then connected and opened Trezor1; I selected hidden wallet and entered correct pass phrase: Suite tells me I am creating new empty hidden wallet. My dashboard tells me i have only one hidden wallet which is empty. I had thousands of dollars in my hidden wallet before this update. It is gone! I have never had occasion to ever re-enter my seed words. My other main standard wallet is completely in tact. What can be done? Please direct me. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @rmtz99,

please see the post above. Your situation is absolutely the same, if you see an empty wallet, you have either a different recovery seed stored in your Trezor device or you use a different passphrase.

First, check your recovery seed, if the seed stored in your Trezor matches your recovery seed backup, then the only option to access a different (empty) wallet is by entering a different passphrase.

Since posting my problem with apparent loss of hidden wallet after update,I have learned something, the pass phrase in case sensitive. Problem solved!

1 Like

Guys same problem. After 1 year not open my trezor and i change pc now my trezor so many ronin id 1,000 Ronin id instead 50 only.

Pleaze help me i have so many axie on my account!

Hi @Manuel,

As mentioned above, if you do not see the desired address with your funds in the step “Select an Account to Import”, you have either a different recovery seed stored in your Trezor device or you use a different passphrase.

First, check your recovery seed, if the seed stored in your Trezor matches your recovery seed backup, then the only option to access a different (empty) wallet is by entering a different passphrase.

Hello, i have the exact problem. I’ve bought 5 eth late in 2021, and a Trezor to secure it, and also use Trezor to create hidden wallet to secure my 70 Axies ( in Axie Infinity NFT game). And after that, i’ve put all in a safe. Passphrases and recovery keys and all. inside the safe and lock it.
and then the winter came, the price drop so hard so i decide not to touch them. until now…
and when i’ve open my safe yesterday. everything is still there. So i plugged in my Trezor. it’s worked.
the passphrases work. then i connected to ronin wallet and something strange happened.
The Ronin pop out a list of wallet that not the same as the one i’ve used with Trezor 3 years ago.
And i did double check my passphrases times after times. try to figures it out what did i do wrong, and i did remember that i’ve updated my Treazor Suite and firmware.
Now. it’s clueless to me on how to access my eth and Axies. I did check on the wallet address, all the assets is still there. all the Axies also still it that exact ronin wallet. but i just cannot access it.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m a big fan of Trezor since i’ve first seen it. But now, it’s leave a hole inside my heart that all my investments are locked.
So Please, Trezor supports, if you reading this. Your clients are suffering on this…
i’m so sad… it’s alot of my money.

Hello, i have the exact problem. I’ve bought 5 eth late in 2021, and a Trezor to secure it, and also use Trezor to create hidden wallet to secure my 70 Axies ( in Axie Infinity NFT game). And after that, i’ve put all in a safe. Passphrases and recovery keys and all. inside the safe and lock it.
and then the winter came, the price drop so hard so i decide not to touch them. until now…
and when i’ve open my safe yesterday. everything is still there. So i plugged in my Trezor. it’s worked.
the passphrases work. then i connected to ronin wallet and something strange happened.
The Ronin pop out a list of wallet that not the same as the one i’ve used with Trezor 3 years ago.
And i did double check my passphrases times after times. try to figures it out what did i do wrong, and i did remember that i’ve updated my Treazor Suite and firmware.
Now. it’s clueless to me on how to access my eth and Axies. I did check on the wallet address, all the assets is still there. all the Axies also still it that exact ronin wallet. but i just cannot access it.

Don’t get me wrong, i’m a big fan of Trezor since i’ve first seen it. But now, it’s leave a hole inside my heart that all my investments are locked.
So Please, Trezor supports, if you reading this. Your clients are suffering on this…
i’m so sad… it’s alot of my money.
p/s: to all who will said there’s gonne some mistake or wrong typing. i did scene recording every single steps i’ve made, to make sure i make no mistake. so if you’re saying, there’s no way it’s a failure. please. you can leave me alone. don’t bother to talk, just passed through my posts. thanks.
in short: put it all in a SAFE, with recovery code, Passphrases written down, scene recorded all and all. still not work. money locked. cannot access my hard earned money.
Please help.

Hello guys can you help me, I format my computer and when I installed my ronin and trezor I can’t find my address anymore out of 1000 address of trezor? I have the same phrase and everything still I can’t see my ronin address in trezor help me

After I reset my Ronin, I can no longer find the Ronin that is connected to my trezor. I even updated Trezor. I tried to find my the account on my trezor 1 by 1 but its no where to be found. Please help

Can you please share some tips on how you resolved it? I am experiencing same issue. :persevere:

Hi @Redj,

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered, the same wallet (with the same set of addresses) is accessed. There is no exception, public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

The information on how to connect Trezor with Ronin can be found at https://trezor.io/learn/a/ronin-and-trezor

If you can’t see your address in the step “Select an Account to Import”, you connected a different wallet to the Ronin app. Either you have a different recovery seed in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase.

It is possible that after the firmware update your Trezor was wiped (this is actually a security feature). If so, you need to recover your original recovery seed (the one that backs up the wallet with your address).

There is a simple way how to verify you use the right recovery seed. Please check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup (the one you created when as backup of the wallet with your desired address). You can find instructions on how to perform this check it these articles:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one 2
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t
for Trezor Safe 3: https://trezor.io/learn/a/check-backup-on-trezor-safe-3

In case recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way how to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.