Trezor Bridge limits the passphrase Length (since now)

Hello,

I have been using Trezor Model T for 4 years, and I have never encountered a problem until now. Initially, I set it up with its 24 words and a passphrase of 100 characters. I chose this method because I prefer to copy and paste the password from the PC rather than typing it on the device.

The problem arose today when I tried to use my wallet on Metamask. When I open “Trezor Bridge” to enter the passphrase from the PC, it limits the passphrase to around 50 characters (approximately, I didn’t count), and beyond that number, I cannot submit it. This is a significant issue for me, and honestly, I don’t know what to do. I don’t understand why there is this arbitrary limitation, and I especially don’t understand how they didn’t consider those of us who would end up in my situation.

Please help, thank you very much in advance.

Note: This limitation is not present in Trezor Suite. It only occurs when I try to enter the passphrase through Trezor Bridge.

Trezor T has a limit of 50 characters since version 2.3.0 released in April 2020. This is a device limitation, not a matter of Trezor Suite nor the Connect pop-up (the “Bridge” is something different, the UI you see comes from Trezor Connect).

If you have been using a 100-character passphrase in Suite without issues, it is likely that Suite is silently truncating your passphrase to 50 characters. Try to do the same thing in the Connect pop-up.