This can Happen?

Hello All!

I’m thinking of buying a Trezor wallet but I’m from Brazil and the official website shipping does not cover my country.

I found a lot of vendors of Trezor Wallet online, but I’m thinking that they could have acess to the seed of the wallet, pack the product again and sell it. Then, a few months later, they make a recovery with the seed and stole all the content of the wallet.

Does this make sense? Is there a way of make sure that no one turned on the device before?

Thanks a lot!

Hello @Bluesafari

Check these out

https://wiki.trezor.io/Package

The trezor has a holographic seal covering the usb connector so you can check if it has been tampered with.
Also the first time you plug it in trezor suite will also tell you if the device has been used.

Always buy the device from an authorized reseller:

List resselers

:crossed_fingers:

@Bluesafari these are two from the trezor resseler list:

1 Like

As rimaS has already correctly pointed out, always make sure that you are buying the device from one of the official resellers.

Regarding the security features:

It is very important that holographic seals are intact.

As long as they are the device is definitely legit and safe to use.

Apart from the physical tamper-evident hologram, our devices also use software safeguards against tampering. The device firmware and bootloader are signed by SatoshiLabs, and these signatures are checked whenever you start the device. The Trezor device will warn you if the signatures are invalid.

Most important, we dispatch all of our devices without preinstalled firmware. Therefore your can conveniently check that there isn’t any preinstalled malicious firmware.