T1 recovery test on Ledger/Jade fail

I’ve been testing my security and have a T1 with a small amount of Bitcoin on it. It is in a Taproot wallet. I wanted to try my recovery seed on a Ledger and a Jade. It seems that the native segwit wallets are all there, but on both wallets, the funds in the taproot configured wallet doesn’t even show up on Jade, and in Ledger, it shows empty. It seems it might be a derivation path issue. My question, is how does one resolve this if the idea is that you lost your Trezor and only have the option to use some other brand to recover your wallet? Any help?

Hi @Shrimp8993,

According to the information found online, Ledger should support Taproot accounts. Please, find more information on how to enable it at https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410908103185-Creating-a-Bitcoin-Taproot-account-in-Ledger-Live?docs=true

As of the latest information available, the Jade hardware wallet was expected to release updates supporting Taproot. However, I haven’t found specific details about the full implementation and availability of this feature in Jade wallets. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, I recommend checking directly with the official resources or Blockstream customer support.

1 Like