Suspected Ice Phishing during SingularityNET Bridge from Ethereum to Cardano to Trezor

I’ve had Trezor wallets from the company’s beginning. I’ve stayed away from web3 wallets because there are just too many scams surrounding them. But I wanted to get some SingularityNET AGIX tokens. First I tried exchanging within Trezor Suite. I found “SingularityNET” but with the ticker “AGI” not “AGIX.” Strange b/c AGI has been deprecated for a while now. I used Metamask to get some AGIX but this was ETH20 not Cardano native. Used SingularityNET’s Bridge link on their website (.io not scam .net) to connect ETH and ADA wallets (they require you to use only one of FOUR ADA wallets). I tried to keep track of all the different alphanumeric “contracts” appearing, but think I was ice phished anyway. Once the bridge was complete, I immediately sent to Trezor HWW, following the instructions of a Trezor support agent. Tokens arrived fine and were listed under ADA main account just like ERC20 tokens are listed under ETH main account.

A week later, I checked on the balance. The AGIX tokens had been replaced with junk “AAGIX” tokens. Their “address” listed in Trezor Suite next to the tokens reads as “invalid.” When I tried to send them back to Flint Wallet (ADA), the total came up as barely over the ADA fee. So it seems the original AGIX I bought were drained and these junk tokens sent to replace the AGIX.

Furious scammers can slip in these extra contracts while you’re trying to send your tokens. There should be a safer way to use web3 wallets. Not everyone is a techhead. The contracts all seemed legitimate. I’d contacted SingularityNET’s support for weeks before to get the bridge security details. Never got any reply. Contacted Trezor as soon as I noticed the scam tokens and that the original AGIX tokens had been siphoned off. Still no reply from Trezor supp;ort. Far too many scams in this environment and you’re on your own when trouble hits.

1 Like