Storing Alternative Coins

Hello everyone, I don’t know if someone can help me. It really is desperate. There are now so many videos about the Trezor hardware wallets. But nowhere is it explained how to store cryptos on Trezor 1 or T that do not belong to the handful of coins listed on the left side of the menu. I bought Solana, Terra or Quant, but can’t get them on the Trezor. Could you please explain that to me? This is crazy. Nobody can explain that to me so far. I would be very happy about help. Greetings

Supported coins - you can find a list of all supported coins at: Trezor Hardware Wallet (Official) | The original and most secure hardware wallet.

• You can also find information there about what model supports the coin in question as well as any related apps to use for a given coin

Natively supported coins - coins that are natively supported in our app can be managed directly via Trezor Suite: http://suite.trezor.io/

ERC20 tokens - The vast majority of supported coins are ERC20 tokens. These are built on top of the ETH network, use ETH addresses, and so must be managed via an Ethereum-compatible Wallet. For more detailed info check our user manual: ERC20 tokens - Trezor Wiki

• Trezor recently released Trezor Suite which features a native ETH Wallet: https://suite.trezor.io/

• To receive ERC20 tokens just use the ETH address as the receiving address. Once the token is received you should see it in the transaction history automatically.

Other coins - some coins (including Cardano $ADA) are supported in Trezor firmware but are not yet supported in the Trezor Wallet app. For these, you need to use 3rd party wallet mentioned on the coin list. In doing this, your private keys are still fully protected by your Trezor, but a different app interface needs to be used for managing the coin

New coins - if your favorite coin is not on the list, it’s not supported right now. At the moment, we do not have the capacity to add new coins. Our current product goal is to unite what we support in firmware and in Trezor Suite first.

1 Like

Hello Michal, I’m from Germany, so I’ll try to repeat what you answered me and whether I understood it correctly: Quant is an ERC20 token (I know that, because I’ve researched) and can with an Ethereum address, that I take from the Trezor to which Trezor will be sent.

As soon as I have sent it to the Treor Wallet, it will be displayed to me as an unknown coin Is it correct that way?

Many greetings to you :slight_smile:

Hi @George

In order to add desired token (and be able to send it) please navigate to your ETH account in Trezor Suite and click on three dots (right up corner) and add token address.
In your case it is: 0x4a220e6096b25eadb88358cb44068a3248254675

Then the token will be displayed and you’ll be able to send it if needed as well.

Dear Michal, much thanks for your answer and much greetings to you and your team :slight_smile: