Solana Account discovery error \ Asset not loaded correctly

Thank you littleblueme

For reaching out and sharing the screenshot highlighting the new error you encountered with your Trezor T following a Factory Reset. We appreciate your efforts in attempting a reset and informing us about the resulting issue. Your detailed reports have been invaluable so far and have been passed on to our development team, who are currently investigating the matter.

Your active participation and diligence in our community are greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Can someone reply to this on when this will be resolved this is getting to be insane

1 Like

Hello monkeyking

Weā€™ve noted the ā€œDiscovery Errorā€ related to Solana accounts and understand how this can be concerning. Our development team is currently investigating this as a potential backend issue. While weā€™re equally eager for a resolution, these investigations can take some time, especially with the complexities involved in blockchain technologies.

We appreciate your patience in this matter. Our support team is actively monitoring the situation and incorporating all new information into our investigation. We assure you that we are working diligently to find a solution, despite the upcoming Christmas period. Your understanding and patience during this busy season are greatly appreciated.

We will keep you updated with any developments as soon as we have more information. Rest assured, we are committed to resolving this issue promptly and efficiently.

Thank you again for your patience and for being a valued member of our community.

1 Like

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say sorry for not getting to your ticket yet. Weā€™re a bit swamped, but donā€™t worry, we havenā€™t forgotten about you! Weā€™re doing our best to catch up, and your issue is definitely in the queue. Thanks for your patience ā€“ we really appreciate it. Weā€™ll get back to you as soon as we can.

1 Like

Hey I appreciate your reply. Iā€™m less concerned with the issue than someone reassuring progress. So this is helpful and Iā€™m happy to be patient.

One question I have though is regarding your comment about it being a ā€œpotentialā€ backend issue.

What I am looking for is assurance that our funds will be recoverable once you find out what the issue is and they are not unrecoverable despite it being a potential backend issue or otherwise.

If you can assure me of this it would greatly help me to rest a bit more at peace as this investigation is ongoing.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey monkeyking,

I totally get your concern regarding the term ā€œbackend issueā€ and the safety of your funds. Let me share my thoughts based on experience, though keep in mind this is more speculation than confirmation.

When we talk about a ā€œbackend issue,ā€ it usually refers to challenges with the Trezor Suiteā€™s connection and synchronization with the Solana blockchain. This means there might be a hiccup in how your account data is fetched and displayed, but it doesnā€™t directly impact your actual funds on the blockchain. If you see your transactions on a Solana explorer, it strongly suggests your funds are safe and intact.

Based on similar cases, these issues often get resolved with the suite re-aligning its display to accurately reflect the blockchain data. However, I canā€™t give a definitive guarantee ā€“ itā€™s more about what weā€™ve seen in past discovery issues.

Weā€™re on this and will update you with concrete information as soon as we have it. Your patience in the meantime is much appreciated.

1 Like

Can I recover the wallet using the trezor seed in phantom?

1 Like

Hey monkeyking

I canā€™t provide an answer to your question about recovering the wallet in Phantom using the Trezor seed. However, Iā€™ll make sure to pass this query along to our dev team for further insights.

1 Like

Please reply back on this ASAP. Thank you

1 Like

Iā€™ve confirmed balance shows on Solscan just still getting errors for both sol and spl-20 tokens via trezor suite. My ticket id # is : 200062 thanks

1 Like

I hope this can be fixed soon. There are some things I really need to sell today. :-/

2 Likes

Hey monkeyking

This should work with a 12 word recovery phrase - Our devs havenā€™t tested 24 words unfortunately. Please do proceed with caution if attempting this.

1 Like

As we continue to investigate the Solana issue, understanding more about your specific setups could really help us. If you could share the platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.) and the versions of any relevant software (like browsers and Trezor Suite) youā€™re using, it would be incredibly helpful. Preferably via an offical support ticket.

Itā€™s possible that this issue might be related to certain configurations or software versions, so your details could be crucial in identifying a pattern or a cause.

Thanks so much for your cooperation and patience so far.

3 Likes

I already did it and it does work for 12 words.

Moved everything to ledger.

I have been a huge advocate of trezor for years but this was absolutely unacceptable. You guys announced support for an asset and then had pretty terrible support for this issue. This is the only place Iā€™ve been able to get a reply hours later and the guidance was ā€œyour assets SHOULD be safe, but we cant guarantee itā€ and ā€œwe are working on fixing it but it will just take a whileā€

For anyone else stressing about this, 12 word phrase works to restore for SOL and SPL to Phantom. I recommend transferring out after you do this though.

GL

4 Likes

I just opened a ticket and provided some detail. Happy to answer any further questions if it helps.

2 Likes

100%. I guess announcing adding SOL prior to holiday weekend also a bad idea in case something goes wrong. I have added my info to ticket

1 Like

After looking at this thread SOL must be a new addition for trezor.

I just got my trezor T, tried to recover a ledger seed on it. At first it worked and all my assets showed up, but then I sent some more SOL to it, and all the original SOL just disappeared, only the new transaction shows up.

Looking at the ledger the new transaction is not showing up at all on it. This tells me trezor has really screwed something up. Iā€™m scared to do anything with other assets on it now if it is this unstable.

1 Like

Solana is indeed a new addition for Trezor The issue isnā€™t with the device. Itā€™s with the Trezor Suite software syncing with the Solana network so that it can read what assets you have stored on it. Itā€™s only specific to Solana. No other assets are impacted. If you restore that same seed phrase on any other device it will be able to interact with your Solana assets. If you pull up your Solana address on the blockchain explorer, you will see that your assets are all there. Iā€™m not part of the team, but I can tell you that from a technical standpoint, nothing is ā€œscrewed upā€. They simply need to get their Trezor Suite software able to pull data from the Solana network correctly.

4 Likes

When I enabled Solana on my model T the bitcoin on a different wallet in trezor suite fails to load transaction history for the bitcoin wallet.

It seems like SOL is glitching not just SOL but also bitcoin transaction history.

When I tried to reset the trezor app my the bitcoin wallet said Asset not loaded correctly for Bitcoin. I finally was able to fix this by disabling the Solana coin from my other wallet.

1 Like

It feels like it is more than just a sync issue. If it were just a sync issue then I would have expected the test sol I sent to the T to also show up on my Nano since they are both using the same seed, however it did not.

Itā€™s possible that since the T used a new address that the Nano simply isnā€™t scanning that address due to a cached address list or something, and once the T is working correctly iā€™ll explore that idea.

1 Like