Sent LTC to BTC address

Hello-

I see there is info on how to recover LTC sent to a BTC address, however I have some questions. I am running firmware 1.10.2 and didn’t have electrum wallet setup on my trezor prior to having this issue. Will any of those 2 things prevent me from recovering my LTC from my trezor 1? Sent it to an address starting with the number 3.
Thanks!

hi @Bflor
none of those two things will prevent you from recovering you LTC from BTC SegWit address.
Just note that you have to set the safety checks to prompt for this operation (either using trezor ctl commands or directly in Trezor Suite settings)

Thanks for the reply. Question about electrum wallet. For this process I’ll need to use the electrum-ltc wallet from electrum-ltc.org correct? Don’t want to download from wrong site :confused:
Thanks!

@Bflor yes that is correct :wink:

1 Like

@Bflor Always verify the digital signatures of the files you download. Instructions available directly from Electrum site https://electrum-ltc.org/verifying-signatures.html

Thanks for that info. I have downloaded electrum-ltc and connected it to my trezor. Created a new standard wallet for segwit, and entered the derivation path for LTC provided in the other instructional…However, after the sync no history imported.

Hi @Bflor

If you are experiencing any difficulties along the way, please submit your issue by using this form https://trezor.io/support/technical/issue/.

Once you have done it, please send me your Ticket ID. Feel free to use PM. Then, we will guide you through the recovery process.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Thanks! Just sent pm. Good day sir!

Thanks for submitting the ticket, we will reach out soon.

I have exactly the same problem, I send LTC to a BTC address, I have tried using Electrum LTC but I can’t synchronize the BTC account that has the LTC, I can only synchronize the LTC addresses. I need help

Hi @cholguin2010,

In order to retrieve LTC sent to BTC address you need to pair your Trezor device with Trezor Suite, then navigate to Settings > Device > Safety checks > Edit: Prompt

Then, follow the instructions below to proceed with the recovery process:

  1. Go to Trezor Suite and select Litecoin (LTC). Go to Receive tab and click on Show full address. Copy that address, and verify it on Trezor’s device display.
  2. To import Trezor’s public account keys, connect Trezor device, start Electrum-LTC and create a new wallet.
  3. Select “Standard wallet”.
  4. Select “Use a hardware device”.
  5. Choose the derivation path of the address where LTC tokens are located. Litecoin is usually located on derivation path m/49’/2’/0’. You want to connect to the Litecoin network, but on the derivation path that you have used to send your tokens (this is most likely where you struggle). The first Bitcoin SegWit (p2wphd-p2sh - Bitcoin address starts with “3”) account is located on derivation path m/49’/0’/0’. Choose the option “p2sh-segwit (p2wpkh-p2sh)” and override the suggested derivation path to m/49’/0’/0’.
  6. After all, Trezor’s public keys are imported and the wallet transaction history is synced, you will be able to see the transaction history and all Trezor’s account addresses. You will see the Litecoin tokens on the derivation path for Bitcoin.
  7. Send the Litecoin tokens to the Litecoin address from step 1.
1 Like