Sending ETH from Coinbase to Trezor - other cheaper networks

Hi,
I want to send my ETH from Coinbase to Trezor and am confronted with picking a network and varying prices. I can pick the Ethereum network for $2.71 or a few others that are pennies like Avalanche C-Chain, Arbitrum, Optimism, Base…
Can I use a cheaper one or should I just use ETH network?

Hello @toemoss,

If you send the ETH from Coinbase to your Trezor wallet via the Ethereum network, you will be able to see the balance and your Ethereum tokens in Suite.

If you send them via EVM networks, such as Arbitrum,Optimism,Base, you will not be able to see the ETH tokens in the Suite, as the Suite does not support these EVM networks.

As stated before, EVM networks are not natively supported in the Trezor Suite interface because of the backend server that is being used.

So in order to access tokens withdrawn on these networks and to be able to manage them, a third-party wallet such as MetaMask has to be used.

You can find information on how to connect Trezor to MetaMask in this article:

When you get your Trezor connected to MetaMask, the next step is to set up a custom network, you can find how in this video:

When you successfully do all the steps, you will be able to send the ETH back to the exchange.

In summary, you can use the EVM networks(Trezor firmware supports them), but you need a 3rd party wallet connected with the Trezor to access and manage them.