Send funds error [using metamask bsc network]

Hi, I want to send BSC tokens (from my trezor-metamask wallet) to my MEXC exchange. Some time ago I made a Trezor account in/with metamask. I see the tokens but when I tried to send them I got this error: " Transaction decoding is not available for chainId 56" . I checked the seed phrase (via Check backup)=OK. Anybody an idea what to do?
Jeroen

Hi @jdevries8,

this error message is connected with the MetaMask extension. Most likely it means that the feature you want to use is not supported on the network you want to use (BSC). May I ask you what token on BSC you want to send? Can you please try to reinstall the MetaMask extension and try again?

Hi Radek,
I think I know what is wrong but I have no idea how to solve this. I installed Metamask on an other computer. When I tried to connect I found out that Trezor has different addresses for ETH and BSC. I thought that like with normal metamsk accounts these should be the same. Well maybe I did something in the past to Trezor that iy changed. I thought , this can be fixed by connecting to both of them. The ETH address was easy, that was the first but the BSC address I cannot find until now. i have been scrolling through all the addresses but until the 1.000st address but still I could not find it. Any idea what to do?

I wrote down the account number so I would be able to find it quickly (more than a year ago). But the account nr does not correspond with the address. Can they be reshuffled?

In case you can’t see the address with your funds in the step “Select an account”, you connecting a different wallet to MetaMask. Either you have a different recovery seed in your Trezor or you use a different passphrase.

Generally, when the same recovery seed is used and the same passphrase is entered, the same wallet (with the same set of addresses) is accessed. There is no exception, the public-key cryptography ensures it generates always the same result.

In case you have the right recovery seed (which is stored in your Trezor device), the passphrase is the only option how you can create a different wallet within this recovery seed. Every passphrase creates a unique wallet (1 unique passphrase = 1 wallet). Please remember that a passphrase can be any word or any set of letters (in ASCII format and with 50 characters max), it is case sensitive, and empty space is also a valid character, please also think of a different keyboard layout you could have used.

There is a simple way to verify you use the right recovery seed. Please check that the recovery seed stored in your Trezor device matches your recovery seed backup. You can find instructions on how to perform this check in this articles:

for Trezor Model One: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-one
for Trezor Model T: https://trezor.io/learn/a/test-recovery-seed-on-trezor-model-t

In case the recovery seed in your device matches your recovery seed backup, the only way to access a different wallet (with different addresses) is with a different passphrase.

I would also like to mention that the order of the generated ETH addresses is always the same. This means that if you originally selected a BSC address from the first page of this list, that address will now also appear on the first page. There is no need to scroll through additional pages.