Screen Protector of Trezor One is glued on the back of the box

Hi everyone! I just bought my Trezor One today and when I opened it there’s no screen protector on the device itself. I checked the box again and I saw that the screen protector is glued on the back of the box on top of the barcode. However, the packaging is great and there were no tampering signs. Everything was glued shut and the holographic seals were fine as well. Do you think my device could be compromised or it may just be a factory defect?

Hi @Gelmeister

It is unfortunate but these things can happen from time to time during the manufacturing process so we apologize for your inconvenience.

It is very important that holographic seals are intact.
As long as they are the device is definitely legit and safe to use.

Apart from the physical tamper-evident hologram, our devices also use software safeguards against tampering. The device firmware and bootloader are signed by SatoshiLabs, and these signatures are checked whenever you start the device. The Trezor device will warn you if the signatures are invalid.

Most important, we dispatch all of our devices without preinstalled firmware. Therefore your can conveniently check that there isn’t any preinstalled malicious firmware.

Thank you for answering! Yes the holographic seals were intact when I received them. Here how it looked like

from my professional point of view this looks totally legit :ok_hand:

Thank you so much for giving me a peace of mind. Going to set it up now! :smiley: